Maldives Anemonefish (Blackfinned) hosting in rose BTA

blink

Just wanted to share some pics since I don't see many posts about the Maldives clownfish. Never seen these sold before and wanted something different than all the designer clownfishes. Added them in the evening and the next morning they were hosting in the rose bubble tip. They ate mysis shrimps and pellets right away.

MaldivesClownfish1.jpg

MaldivesClownfish2.jpg

MaldivesClownfish3.jpg

always enjoy reminiscing about the old days scott and love seeing some new enthusiasm for such a fantastic species!

No doubt my friend :) They are top of my list if/when I get back in. Maybe blink will be rearing them by then ;>)

Very beautiful fish. I just got a captive-bred WYSIWYG pair of nigripes from Pacific East Aquaculture today. I was a little nervous, since I've had trouble trying to pair this species before, but they arrived in perfect condition and are getting along just fine.

Mines are laying eggs now. Unfortunately, the eggs are on a large piece of rock. I wouldn't know how to raise the fry anyways. :-(

Attachments

• PXL_20220527_182411584.jpg
    PXL_20220527_182411584.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 9
Mines are laying eggs now. Unfortunately, the eggs are on a large piece of rock. I wouldn't know how to raise the fry anyways. :-(
Well, once they start laying, they generally continue every few weeks. You have lots of time to learn (not that I ever did with my maroons). :ROFLMAO:

Kevin

I've had my pair of nigripes for a good 13 years. For about 8 years they never laid eggs. The female was almost 3 times the size of the male .................when they started to lay eggs the male went into a huge growth spurt and is almost as large as the female now.

They have been consistent since and lay eggs every few weeks.

Back