Mangrove tank

How much fertilizer and what kind of lighting? When it grows fast for me, it is opaque to somewhat clear on the tips.

Caulerpa Paspoides is my best indicator of low nutrients. Little new growth and some die off.

Thanks Michael!

One of my white mangroves has 3 new branches! 2 on top (from getting pruned a week or so ago) and 1 on the bottom. This one will be getting pretty bushy by the end of the summer.

Yeah I have used this the whole time I've had my tank, it works really well. I like it because it splashes/drips less water on the floor or around my tank when I'm cleaning. When I pull out a big clump of algae I can let it drip all the excess water off before putting it in the cup. I also like to avoid sticking my arm in my tank whenever possible, because this often times creates an oil slick on the top of the water. Considering how shallow my tank is in addition to the open access through the top, this thing comes in handy pretty often.

Thanks Michael! I think the big exports help maintain the health of the system. It's amazing how vigorous Caulerpa grows, truly a juggernaut. In just a couple weeks they put on pounds of weight! It feels a lot like gardening.

Agreed!

Wonder if your tank could support a herbivorous fish, like a small green blotch parrot, (from KP Aquatics). This is a fish I may try if the tang doesn't work out. It's a small herbivore, not the big coralavore you think of as a parrot. Anyway, just a thought. I love that my tang does the gardening for me now.

Back