Marine/Outdoor EPDM foam rubber weather stripping

Never found it. If you do, let me know. :D

They have something like it at West Marine, but I decided just to superglue the baffle in place. :D

if you are looking for it for thebaffles, dont :) it doesnt work. i tried it. but if you insist on trying yourself:) you can find it at lowes.

what happened when you tried to use it??? another person in the diy forum told me it worked great but I think he was using eggcrate and not glass or plexiglass

i tried it for baffles in the sump. the baffles were acrylic and the sump glass. it doesnt have enough gripping power to stay in place. after a day or two the water pushes the baffles out of place. its a great idea and would work with smaller volumes of water where the force from the water column is not that much but it didnt work in the 30 gallon sump i have.

Re: Marine/Outdoor EPDM foam rubber weather stripping

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9285352#post9285352 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ALEX007
does anybody know a local place to get this??? does it have to be marine\outdoor??

Don't try and recycle your tires. (Sorry wrong thread)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9286463#post9286463 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ALEX007
what happened when you tried to use it??? another person in the diy forum told me it worked great but I think he was using eggcrate and not glass or plexiglass
duh,there way less pressure on eggcrate than a pane of acrylic or glass because the water flows right through it

I'm just stumbling across this idea. As far as "gripping power" goes, doesn't that have to do with how tight the baffles fit in the first place? Wider baffles = more pressure = more gripping power, no?

And when you talk about force from the water column, are you talking about force from the water flowing from one area, through the baffles, to the other? Seems like with water on all sides, the pressure would be fairly low... assuming you didn't have super high flow through a relatively tight space.

Lastly, has anyone verified that this stuff is even reef safe?

Back