Marine plant field trip, Florida

It'll be a bit later than your trip then.
After June 4th.

But yes, there is a 3 day version of SW which will be fun.
The photo's are just from the FW version.
I'm doing both, the FW then the SW later.
These are separate trips but if folks want, they are welcomed to do both.

Regards,
Tom Barr

We do several swamp visits in North Central FL, and travel down a few FW springs to see and collect plants with a nice dinner at Cedar Key.

I've been there, nice place, otoh it was a gold processing location during the Civil War, and has lots of arsenic in the local water supply, or at least it did in the late 80's. consider yourself warned.
as another FYI, the locals didn't know you could eat the blue crabs, my buddy and I ate like kings down there.

Tom,

have you fixed the dates? I'd need to coordinate this so I'd be interested in booking soon if I'm going to do it. Thanks.

I got a job in CA that starts in June so I'm afraid I'm having to cancel this Plant fest this year, it's not going to work with my schedule.

I was planning on June 2nd week but it's not going to work for me.

Sorry.

Regards,
Tom Barr

I'm sorry to see that you have to cancel this :(

The CA thing a short term job or is it a permanent one?

Permanent, teaching biology at the same college I once went to and the same class. I'll also be working at a water dept in management/resources as my main job. So I'll be doing well financially after a year or two.

Well, I'll start growing cold water west coast macro's now:)
I might have a plant fest the next year, depending on things. I'll have to see if I can get out work for a week etc.

It's a fun time.

If anyone wants to buy a 25 gal marine planted tank with live rock, 40lbs of live sand etc, near Gainesville FL, send them on down.

The cold water macro tank I'll have out west will be larger and nicer.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Best of luck with the move and new job :D

I'll be waiting on pictures of the new tank ;)

Back