Mark's 180 Starfire upgrade

Wow... way to be optimistic Bro, lol!~ :lol:

Just keeping it real Dave :thumbsup:

That TOTM curse has just about as much truth to it as ATB users saying there skimmers better than a BK....... not much truth to it at all :p.

I agree Brian. The reef gods are equal opportunity system crashers. We're all working on borrowed time and everyone has tank crahes from time to time :thumbsup:

The reef gods are equal opportunity system crashers. We're all working on borrowed time and everyone has tank crahes from time to time :thumbsup:

I have a great idea!!! Just send me a frag of everything you have and I can then help you out down the road if you need pieces back :bigeyes:

j/k ... I know you'll be successful with your new reefing endeavors and I look forward to following your progress :fish1:

mpoletti, I read the TOTM and Prodibio threads and I have a few questions:

I have a 120 and will start the 7 week weekly digest and optim dosing, after that I'll switch to every 2 weeks (week 1,3,5 digest / week 2,4,6 optim) and weekly booster.
Should I do 2amps of optim and one of digest?
When to dose the booster, same day as digest or optim (depending on the week) or the day after?
I saw that you run the gfo with prodibio, I'm thinking of doing the same. Has that worked well for you?

Sorry for the long post. Thanks!

mpoletti, I read the TOTM and Prodibio threads and I have a few questions:

I have a 120 and will start the 7 week weekly digest and optim dosing, after that I'll switch to every 2 weeks (week 1,3,5 digest / week 2,4,6 optim) and weekly booster.
Should I do 2amps of optim and one of digest?
When to dose the booster, same day as digest or optim (depending on the week) or the day after?
I saw that you run the gfo with prodibio, I'm thinking of doing the same. Has that worked well for you?

Sorry for the long post. Thanks!

Its all depends what you are looking to achive, From what your descriptions are, its seems like you are about right. I do not dose the reefbooster the same day I dose the others, I usually wait until midweek.
As for the GFO, I use it and just keep and eye on my PO4 with the hanna.

Good luck and Thanks :)

Look what USPS delivered today :p

throwdown_-19.jpg

You are starting Zeo with an already established beautiful tank. I am very interested to see what Zeovit does to your tank. I'm sure nothing bad will happen, but I'm also sure we will see some changes. Exciting! Please keep us updated on what you are doing/dosing.

I took a gander at the zeo method several years ago, but didn't really pursue it. You've got me looking again. I read the "general info" sticky over on the Zeo forum. Is there any other info I should read or is that basically what you are getting started with?

You are starting Zeo with an already established beautiful tank. I am very interested to see what Zeovit does to your tank. I'm sure nothing bad will happen, but I'm also sure we will see some changes. Exciting! Please keep us updated on what you are doing/dosing.

I took a gander at the zeo method several years ago, but didn't really pursue it. You've got me looking again. I read the "general info" sticky over on the Zeo forum. Is there any other info I should read or is that basically what you are getting started with?

I started really looking into zeo around the time I started prodi dosing. I have been reading up in it and keeping an eye on it for sometime. It also helps that a couple of my close friends run it so I have always been exposed. As for reading material, I also prinited out the general pdf manual. Keep in mind that its a general sales booklet, but it does help in conceptual knowledge.

That general info sticky says not to run GFO. Then I noticed on the zeovitusa store they sell iron based and aluminum based absorbers. Hmmmm, what's up with that?.... are you going to continue GFO?

That general info sticky says not to run GFO. Then I noticed on the zeovitusa store they sell iron based and aluminum based absorbers. Hmmmm, what's up with that?.... are you going to continue GFO?

I'm not going into this with any preconcieved notions one way or the other. Zeovit is not a product where there is a line drawn in the sand and it works for everyone. There is a lot of trial and error.
What I can tell you is that I will be taking it very slow; even slower than most would recommend. This means that I will be decreasing what I'm currently do as I add in the new bacteria and method. As with anything, my tank, the corals and parameters will decide the next step ;)

Is there anyone else out there waiting to see a pic of the Regal in its new home??? :p

Just for my buddy Jim. Its not the best shot, but I have not had the camera out much as I've been busy with answering a lot of PM's :lol:

regal01-1.jpg

Gorgeous Fish and one of my favorite of the Larger Angles. I was sooo tempted to get one of those Flameback Angles from John's the other day But I'm not as brave as you my friend. Maybe one day when my corals grow up I will give it a shot ;)

Gorgeous Fish and one of my favorite of the Larger Angles. I was sooo tempted to get one of those Flameback Angles from John's the other day But I'm not as brave as you my friend. Maybe one day when my corals grow up I will give it a shot ;)

Thanks Rob. Those little flamebacks were very nice, but like I was telling John there is not way I would chance my corals with that little fish. It was good seeing you, I guess I should of got there 5 minutes earlier :)

Back