Mars Aqua Chinese LED review (Ebay)

Mars Aqua Chinese LED review (Ebay)

I love my LED lights and I thought I would never move from metal halides. 6 months old--about $600 system.
b6f165e2e30684a58e5b53ad66dbc6b4.jpg

I run them 50% ish--slightly more blue and get just a hint of natural sun. I also run slightly high nitrate since my softies prefer it. I do 5 gallon bi monthly water changes which get the nitrates super low and they aren't happy so Then I over feed, which everything loves. Xenia is out of control though.

Hello,

I was thinking of adding two of these in with a ATI 4 bulb t5. What do you guys think about the shimmer on these units? Would I see shimmer with the t5 running at the same time?

THanks for the help!

JIM

Do you have a picture. I am debating whether I need 1, 300 vs 2 16" (165 each). Both I think will do the job, but aesthetics are important.

9402e1400e33602aa8759214b4f58679.jpg

Decent spread you can see where it faded off on each corner but when you look at it in person you don't notice. The picture accentuated the blues more.

Hello,

I was thinking of adding two of these in with a ATI 4 bulb t5. What do you guys think about the shimmer on these units? Would I see shimmer with the t5 running at the same time?

THanks for the help!

JIM

I have 2 of these with a Max Spec Razor and T 5 's. IMO the addition of T5's diminishes the shimmer.

Hello everyone,

Looking for some advice here. I have had my 2 black boxes 165w models over my 55 gallon tank (48inches long) for around 5 months now and cant seem to get the right color. I have a mostly SPS dominated tank and I am wondering what people with around the length and size tank are running their blues and whites at.

Right now I would say my blues are around 40% while my whites are around 20%.

My lights are only around 6 inches off the water level in my tank.

Can anyone help me? My Mars Aqua keeps resetting my gfci. Just the blue, I have 2 running and they have been since December. I came home to a powerless tank and found its just the blues cord kicking the gfci. I took the unit apart and everything looks ok, nothing loose or burned looking but I'm far from electrically inclined so that's all I knew to look for. I plugged it back in and it didn't kick the gfci immediately but it did sometime today while I was at work. I did switch the cords from the other unit to eliminate the possibility of a short in a cord.

i have had the Evergrow LED lights for several months and I am very happy with them so far. They have most of the same features of the more expensive LED lights. Such as wifi control and weather patterns. my only complaint so far is that thee program for controlling them won't let you control both lights at the same time.

Can anyone help me? My Mars Aqua keeps resetting my gfci. Just the blue, I have 2 running and they have been since December. I came home to a powerless tank and found its just the blues cord kicking the gfci. I took the unit apart and everything looks ok, nothing loose or burned looking but I'm far from electrically inclined so that's all I knew to look for. I plugged it back in and it didn't kick the gfci immediately but it did sometime today while I was at work. I did switch the cords from the other unit to eliminate the possibility of a short in a cord.

maybe try changing out the gfci outlet...maybe that is going bad...

Anyone try splicing the 2 cords together to make one?

I don't like the look of 4 heavy cords running down the back of my tank(can be seen from my kitchen), so i was thinking of just splicing the end of one cord onto the other. I'm not a electrical genius by any means, but something this simple I can handle. Jut not sure if the one cord will supply enough power once spliced?

Yes I know I can buy an already 2 into 1 cord, but everyone I've seen as the splice real low on the cord, and I want it up high so there is only one cord running down the back, and since I already have the power cables, why buy more when I can DIY it myself.

Looks nice TalktoJVC. Have you noticed any algae growth because of the lights? I just installed mine and tested them out but haven't started running them on a constant bases yet due to my tank just cycling right now. Thanks

yea i ordered the violets and 10000k myself...going to replace the reds with violets..and some of the yellowish leds with the 10000k...not sure about the greens yet... maybe replace them with the 10000ks as well....

Can you please show me your arrangment and how it turned out?
I have both the 10000k and the 420 violet bulbs here.. just want a heads up.. I planned to do exactly what you mentioned above.

Back