Marsaqua vs Reef Breeders value vs SB Reef 16" on 40 breeder?

Slammed01

Marsaqua vs Reefbreeders value vs SB Reef 16" on 40B?

Looking for a light for LPS/polyps on my 40B. Seems like no good strip lights for LED exist. The RB I had before worked great on 46 bow, 54 corner and 2 on a 90. Sold when I got out of hobby for a bit and I see others out there now. I believe the RB value had 90* optics.
What about the SB and Mars?

Seems I have to build a canopy again, can't be worse than a 54 corner or 46 bow I did!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How a put this one on amazon with. 3wx55 LEDs and 120* optics?

Galaxyhydro Led 55x3w Dimmable 165w Full Spectrum LED Aquarium Light for Reef Coral & Fish https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00INM0J1M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_nypcAb5KEAXAB

Or a 360w 25"4" black box with 90*

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eB...4&pm=1&ds=0&t=1508315796000&ver=0&cspheader=1

Last edited:
ocean revive if you want a cheap light with better control options

want to pay more and get even better control? get the RB version 2

Any of the fixtures mentions above will work fine over a 40b tank with lps corals.

Personally, I'd be inclined to go with a single 32" fixture. But there are some small advantages to having two smaller fixtures.

Pay attention to how many leds and the power of the driver. Like the MarsAqua uses 55 3w leds, but only drives them at 1.85 watts, most of the other fixtures drive at 2.2 watts per led. Over a 40b tank it shouldn't make a big difference though.

Any of the fixtures mentions above will work fine over a 40b tank with lps corals.

Personally, I'd be inclined to go with a single 32" fixture. But there are some small advantages to having two smaller fixtures.

Pay attention to how many leds and the power of the driver. Like the MarsAqua uses 55 3w leds, but only drives them at 1.85 watts, most of the other fixtures drive at 2.2 watts per led. Over a 40b tank it shouldn't make a big difference though.

Thanks! May try 1 165/120 watt fixtures with 120* optics or SB reefs light basic sbox. 32" out of budget.

I am the same way as far as budget. I have been slowly putting money away because I am going to get the 32” reffbreeders V2 for my 40 breeder. I rather having the one fixture & if I went with the 16” I would need 2.

Anyone heard of this one? 20" vs 16" IMG_1034.jpg

If you ask me, it has too many red leds and more white leds than I'd want. It has 2 power cords which is really so old school for an aquarium fixture. Plus the Chinese BS about being a manufacturer and having a lot of quality R&D is just too hard to believe. For the same basic cost, I'd buy from a brand that other people are buying and have been happy with, MarsAqua, ViparSpectra, Euphotica, GalaxyHydro, SB Reef...

If you ask me, it has too many red leds and more white leds than I'd want. It has 2 power cords which is really so old school for an aquarium fixture. Plus the Chinese BS about being a manufacturer and having a lot of quality R&D is just too hard to believe. For the same basic cost, I'd buy from a brand that other people are buying and have been happy with, MarsAqua, ViparSpectra, Euphotica, GalaxyHydro, SB Reef...

Thank you, sounded too good to be true and not enough reviews or pictures from people who bought.

I like Ron's idea of a 32" led on a 36" tank, most black boxes only cover the length of the light, leaving the edges of the tank dark. I had a RB LED (Great Service), I just did not like the colors. I still own a Mars Aqua (I use it sometimes for temp QT Tanks) I use BML's

With holidays coming, may just do a cheapo strip light while I work on a canopy. Two littles make it tough for garage time. Any good strips for zoa/polyps?

Back