Maxima Coral White Edge

Jwey

I have been away and my clam has moved himself under a rock edge above. When I moved him he has a section where his flaps have turned white. Any thing special I should do to get him back to full color.
6376DA11-8DF2-44B1-8160-59AE7B43B56B.jpg

I will have to check them tomorrow as I just put 4 new bags of sand in today.
I am pretty sure the water parameters are good as everything else is good to go.
The only section on the clam that is white is where it was in the shadow from a rock above.
Do you think the color will come back after a few days?

How old is your tank? I noticed you mentioned adding sand to the tank. It is recommended that your tank is mature. To have a clam, I'd say the tank must be cycled, and the last time you added sand & rock was 6 months ago, this gives time for the rock and sand to mature. I'd keep calcium between 420ppm-450ppm, and alk between 8dkh-11dkh. Phosphates should be around .02. Clams depend highly on light and are filter feeders as well. If your parameters are in place,and getting enough light, the clam should recover, but I'm not sure how long it will take. I would also recommend spot feeding the clam to nurse it back to health.

Last edited:
Thanks Phixman.
My tank is many years old.
I started removing sand each water change and ended up with a B.B. for a year or so and decided I wanted sand back.
I will just keep an eye on the clam and see if the color starts coming back.

Back