Maxwells reef video June 2016

Hi
Tank update pic
Bill

EKAY5iMh.jpg

Maxwell,
I see in the beginning you used dry rock. Did you supplement bacteria once the tank was filled? How long before you added corals after filling the tank? Any dino's or algae problems? If so what did you do to help it along? Thanks.

Btw that is a beautiful tank all the way around.

fishguy
I used seeded sand and MM out of my last tank and ran for approx 6weeks sump only then I set the rock work up and filled the tank .I was a beginner so trying to take things slowly I did not have algae or dino's , I transferred my fish over and added a good clean up crew and fed pods and rotifiers and phyto had anthias and wrasse.from memory
Bill

xiaoxiy
They still doing well and showing the best colour for a while so I must be doing something right or not doing anything by that leaving em alone to do there thing.
Bill

Incredible FTS! Some nice looking frags as well, although I'm not sure you have any room left for them.... which is a good thing!

xiaoxiy
They still doing well and showing the best colour for a while so I must be doing something right or not doing anything by that leaving em alone to do there thing.
Bill

Keep up the great work maxwell, you're tank is an inspiration for many of us!

Hi Dope -can win
The guardian is a great bit of kit its been running about 16months and never skipped a beat and I believe it not only gives me security it stabilizes my calc reactor which is always up and down .If you put the cost against the value of a few xxl large colonies you could lose its value for money in my opinion.
Bill

Ucantwin
Because the calcium reactors are not very stable the KH and PH was swinging about all over the place, you set the KH setting on the guardian and the dosing variations then lower the calc reactor KH to below that set point and the Guardian does the fine tuning and keeps it stable

Back