Meet My New Picasso and Platinum

BluespotLady

Time for my babies to go in the display tank and play with the big boys!

Meet Bunny and Frosty!
PA073035.jpg

Frosty
PA073034.jpg

Bunny
PA073031.jpg

I put a third one in with them and last night it was in the frogspawn with Bunny, but no sign of him so far today. I'm hoping he is in the anemone that never comes out. I've justed the overflow and sump, nothing.

Hey! I found my other guy, Scarface! He is in the hammer!

PA022975-2-1.jpg

B26PremA.jpg

You can see him in there, right? lol
PA073021.jpg

I took some full tank shots this morning but they didn't turn out.

Here is a link to video of the kids, part of the display tank, and a few of their neighbors. Use caution if opening this at midnight so you don't wake the neighbors. Scarface picked the music.

http://youtu.be/XHb2GRo8a2U

And I even got a pic of Scarface w/the hammer.
PA071630.jpg

Love the pics and the video Lorraine! Any time you you want to update, please dont hesitate, I look forward to them=)

Love the clowns!!! How big are your tangs they look huge, or are you clowns just tiny? Lol they got giant neighbors either way I guess!

The tangs are huge and the clowns are juveniles. Even the chromis' are on steriods. But I have a group of 5 anthias that handle them all just fine. The chromis get aggressive with each other when they spawn, but other than that, it's a pretty peaceful, but active tank.

Bunny is obviously going to be the female though. I'm tempted to add a fourth one, but want to let them settle in and see which of the 3 pair up. I think it will be Scarface and Bunny, but Bunny wants to choose where they live and Scarface has his own ideas. He thinks the hammer and elegance corals are way cooler than the frogspawn, he even had a thought about the duncans, but big mama put a stop to that idea real quick.

With all the other fish in there, feeding time is tough. The babies aren't used to a big shadow swooping down on them while they eat. Hopefully they will get used to that and realize they mean no harm. I'm trying to spot feed, but that just attracts everyone. So for now I will just overfeed the entire tank (which I do anyway for the corals).

You do know it's not advisable to put more than two clownfish in a single tank, right? Even though they are basically free to you since you raise them, it's still a poor husbandry technique.

You do know it's not advisable to put more than two clownfish in a single tank, right? Even though they are basically free to you since you raise them, it's still a poor husbandry technique.

I guess you are entitled to your opinion. I didn't put them in there because they are free. I put them in there because they will have a wonderful home in a large 150 gallon tank. If for some reason they don't get along, clowns are the easiest fish to remove from a display. I'm not worried about it though. I've had multiple pairs in a large tank before that did just fine together.

I'm glad you at least have an exit plan, but I have seen many times in tanks the same size where his ends in disaster.

I think Scarface may be one of the nicest clowns I've seen. I'm assuming you bred them? I'm looking for a mate for my Picassso now. I'm thinking either a little Onyx or another Picasso. Not sure yet. I figure I'll know when I see it.

Awesome looking clowns!!!!

Back