Meeting date set come join us

ME, Me, me...

:)
OK john I'll bring you some of the bigger ones, they are still kinda small so put the in one of your holding tanks I been feeding them flakes to keep them healthy but when I put algae in the breeding net the eat that to you may still need to train them more they will be unsexed and they poop a lot

OK john I'll bring you some of the bigger ones, they are still kinda small so put the in one of your holding tanks I been feeding them flakes to keep them healthy but when I put algae in the breeding net the eat that to you may still need to train them more they will be unsexed and they poop a lot

Great. I have a 10g waiting for them! It'll just be them and coral holding/frag.

RE: poop
it's all that good roughage. :) They fit the size of the tank much better than tangs.

My baby cardinals are still too small to give away. The largest would fit on a nickel still. But I finally decided what to bring to the swap!

Dam sorry guys can't make this one. I really wanted to go but things came up. Anyway I can get into the grow out contest still?

Thanks Bob for having us over! GREAT event and we keep getting larger and larger :) Nice seeing new faces along with the amount of frags. Heard our BOD talking about higher end corals for the next meeting. I'm down for that ha,ha,ha

Share pics of your corals!

Point of reference, please label your containers with your WCR handle. I was guilty of not labeling clearly. Ones that read Zero came from my tank (Ron).

The ones in the blue capped urine bottles that were labelled with WCR are frags from Powderhoubd in Tahoe that I picked up this past March. I just have not had time to bring them to WCR meetup.

In winteri will likely do another Tahoe coral run. So watch out for a thread post in Sept/October.

Had a great time today thanks Bob for having us and I hope everyone dipped their corals cause I found all kinds of stuff even something that looked like a small long tentacle starfish lol

It was a pleasure meeting all of you. Thanks for all the help planning my build, can't wait till my tank is set up.

Had a great time today thanks Bob for having us and I hope everyone dipped their corals cause I found all kinds of stuff even something that looked like a small long tentacle starfish lol

Adam you probably had a brittle star which are great in a tank.

Last edited:
For those new, please always dip/treat your corals with CoralRX or Revive or other such dip. it helps remove micro fauna pests that can harm your corals in the long run.

Also check for aiptasia and Majano anemones. Both can grow to plague proportions.

A complementary dip is also to use Bayer Advanced "Complete Insect Killer". In my opinion, it helps kill other micro fauna that the CoralRX and other dips may not target as well.

There was a small brittlestar in one of frag containers I brought home. I dropped it into my tank and my Melanurus wrasse gobbled it up before it hit the bottom.

+1 for dipping everything! In addition to the pests already mentioned, Asterina stars are another organism I try to keep out of my tank, and I found several tagging along in the items I was fortunate enough to bring home.

Big thanks to those who provided my new frags, and extra grande thanks to Bob and Tammy for allowing us to invade their beautiful home!

Back