Melev of Reefcast coming in May (18)?

Skier1

I was listening to the new Reefcast podcast in the car today and Melev was saying that he was coming to the Upstate Reef Society in May (18th?). He seemed a little confused about geography -- surprised that he was going to be 8 hours from NYC. Did I miss an announcement on this or is Melev mistaken? He thought he'd probably talk about acrylic sumps -- though he said he has lots of different presentations.

The way I do it is take an iPod, and download the podcast. (you knew that right?) Buy something like this little guy http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/itripdock/
I have one from this company and I love mine. Just plug it in to the cigarette lighter in your car. The other end into your iPod. you pick a channel with nothing on it (87.9 for me) and hit play on your iPod. Its that easy, now i never listen to the radio....ever.

Im sure there are other ways to do it but this is the way that I know of.

I need to get an iPod!
Looks like "the cat is out of the bag", so to speak.
The correct date is Saturday May 19th BTW ;)
Save the date!!!

Whats up with Reefcast and ReefCentral?

I heard one of there shows, it appeared that they didn't like RC from a few comments made.

Reefcast 18 10/25/06

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9822251#post9822251 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RTKBA308
Whats up with Reefcast and ReefCentral?

I heard one of there shows, it appeared that they didn't like RC from a few comments made.

Reefcast 18 10/25/06

Not sure exactly what was going on, but they've kissed and made up. Melev's reef is now a reefcentral sponsor.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9813902#post9813902 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rjweng
were do you get the reefcast, podcast?

http://www.reefcast.com/downloads.php or subscribe in iTunes.

You don't need an ipod to listen, you can just use your computer.

A more serious reefkeeping podcast is at talkingreef.com. Certainly not as entertaining and no alcohol is involved.

Personally, I subscribe to both on iTunes.

I don't have a video ipod, so I end up watching the video episodes directly on my computer using iTunes. Oh, and I also subscribe to ReefVideos on iTunes. They aren't as active at getting out episodes, but some of the personal tank reef videos are fun to watch.

Back