MH versus LED

That actually sounds really cool. It seems everyone stacks the rocks like a wall, but yours sounds much more like the flatter reef top with a field of sps across it.

If you planned the lighting and rock scape to take advantage of the lighting highs and shadows you could give the overall display greater field of depth...much like a set and lighting designer putting together a stage show. It would give the illusion that the tank is wider than it actually is.

Yep. And by finding the right angle of the LED fixture, you can also create some pretty cool effects :)

I see Mark is an LED convert. [emoji39] Tom, Tim. Not sure who else has an acro tank that switched at least partly to LED.

I really like the sunlight shimmer effect that halides add to the tank...but DIY plans are on a brief hold while I look into a possible tank redesign doubling the size.

If you really want LEDs and shimmer, look into Kessils. They are not cheap but they're amazing lights and the shimmer is incredible. I have an open/eurobraced tank sans canopy with two Kessils over it and the ceiling over the tank looks like a pool is reflecting onto it.

I am new to following the Premier League, 2nd year, and have proudly become a Liverpool fan. I actually think I became a Brendan Rodgers fan first, followed by his club. Wish we had relegation in the NFL!

I am new to following the Premier League, 2nd year, and have proudly become a Liverpool fan. I actually think I became a Brendan Rodgers fan first, followed by his club. Wish we had relegation in the NFL!

The premier league is the best league of the best sport in the world.

I started supporting Liverpool when I was 12-13. Lots of ups and downs. YNWA

003.gif

Back