Migraine because of the tank light?

cojo8888

I recently changed my light from 2 kessil ap700 to aquatic life 4 ft t5 hybrid (x4 blue plus) with 1 kessil ap700.

So far I'm very happy with growth and coloration under hybrid light but my wife is starting to complain about having migraine. (she works at home near my tank)

Yes it's way more blue now than it was. But to me 2 of ap700 with 75~85% intensity was more brighter and intense than current set up.

Maybe too much blue for her eyes?
Anyone?

나의 SM-G950U 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Usually brighter lights will strain your eyes and possibly cause headaches. So it's possible that your wife is getting migraines from the new light. Maybe she will adapt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to acclimate better. For every dollar you drip into your tank you must drip two dollars into your wife's purse. Tried and true for me. LOL.

Seriously though, migraines suck. Whether it's a new condition or chronic, get her to a doctor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Buy her a Bottle of Excedrin and crank the lights, At least your corals will be Happy:) In my experience Work in General is the cause of headaches not the tank!

I install a lot of LEDs in office areas, replacing existing t8/t12 lighting. Usually people seem to have more problems with led. I've also noticed if people see me physically working there are complaints because they are aware of something changing. If I go in after hours most employees wont notice the new retro fit kit.

Maybe there is more spillage? Can you temporarily hang something to keep light in the tank and see if that helps

Migraines are no joke, I get classic/ocular migraines when I'm stressed out real bad. People think it's just a headache but they can be a real nightmare to deal with.

I'm guessing you do not have a canopy / hood? I agree lighting is bright depending on the mounting height. I'd suggest installing one to block the light spill so that you can't directly look up and into the light.

BeanMachine is brilliant. Right in front of all our faces the whole time. Most practical solution!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Migraines can be very painful so It's definitely something to look into. Blue light and leds have been know to trigger migraines. LED's aren't constant light but it's flickering very rapidly (pulse wave modulation). Different companies use different drivers to achieve this so it's possible that your new light could be triggering her headaches. Also, since it's a hybrid and much bluer than before, that may also be a possibility. It might be a good idea to have her discuss with a neurologist

Back