Mike's 360G Build

Frags are coloring up pretty nice!! Please keep taking pictures at least each month to record their progress. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you guys tell me what algae/bacteria this is?

Z_54.jpg

Z_55.jpg

Z_56.jpg

View from the side
Z_57.jpg

Mike those are the reg dino for new tank it's normal. Do u run zeo or any bacteria source? If you do just lower the dosage a little until your tank established

Nice build ����, and that algae looks like dinoflagellates ��

Yeah, I figure it might be dinos.

Mike those are the reg dino for new tank it's normal. Do u run zeo or any bacteria source? If you do just lower the dosage a little until your tank established

I don't run zeo but I am adding zeobak. I read somewhere that adding a competing bacteria to the tank help rid their tank of dinos. I'll try backing off a bit to every other day.

Zeobak N zeostart3 will do wonder for your tank to control nutrients. I don't run full zeo but I dose zeobak N zeostart3 and my tank has no algae anywhere. Do u run uv it does clarify your tank water N reduce algae

I run a high output uv which does help keep the water clear and imo, helped keep the tank relatively algae free since starting it up. Didn't have any massive explosion of gha or diatoms really.

My N is at 2.5 (salifert) and P reads zero with hanna ULR checker. Not sure if those readings are right.

Mike have you figured out whats up with the Alk tester? Looking for a recommendation? Tank is looking good!

Mike have you figured out whats up with the Alk tester? Looking for a recommendation? Tank is looking good!

I just got it back this morning. It's up and running again, hopefully without any hiccups for the foreseeable future. Oh how I've missed the KHG. Back to testing every few hours. It's great to just glance at the KHG and know the alk right away. I haven't read anyone having the same problem as I did with the KHG so I would still recommend it. There is a big thread on another forum about the KHG and there wasn't anyone on that thread that had the same issues I had.

I was also talking to the inventor of the KHG and he stated that I was the first case ever with this problem. Since getting the tester back this morning. I've run about 10 or so test on it and it's running solid.

Looks like I might be losing my tono wrasse. I spotted it swimming funny just right now and doing barrel rolls. I just netted it and put it in an acclimation box. I hope it pulls through but I doubt it. In past experience, once a wrasse starts swimming funny, it's a goner. It's either the dinos or possibly swim bladder affecting the wrasse.

This dino is getting out of control.

IMG_3619.jpg

It sound crazy but u might need to feed your fish more to get more nutrient for your Chaeto to reboot. You need to give Chaeto more food to grow so they can compete with dino. Have you test your tank lately with phosphate and nitrate. I'm not suprise that phosphate will low.

Update

Update

I haven't updated in awhile. There were a lot of uglies going on for several months with the tank. Dinos hit and pretty much smothered most of my corals. Hit the tank with DINO-X and it wiped out the dinos. Then came cyano and a couple weeks or dosing KZ zeozyme, coral snow and zeobak took care of the cyano. Then came the GHA and that took awhile to get rid of.

The arid reactor wasn't enough to keep nutrients down. Nutrients were climbing to no3 100ppm and po4 .31. So I added a Avast marine vibe reactor to run KZ zeolites to help bring down the nutrients some more. The zeolites were able to drop nutrients down to no3 25 and po4 .16 and it's been stuck there for a couple months now.

I just started dosing some redsea nopox at half the recommended dose to try and lower it some more. Some of the corals are doing well but others are suffering. Most likely due to the elevated nutrients.

Here's a huge picture dump. I had photoshop auto correct these pictures via the curve option. I don't know how to work photoshop so the majority of these pictures are true to life while some are a little off. Some of the blues and yellow is hard to capture.

DSC_0568.jpg
DSC_0572.jpg
DSC_0574.jpg
DSC_0579.jpg
DSC_0583.jpg
DSC_0585.jpg
DSC_0591.jpg
DSC_0599.jpg
DSC_0604.jpg
DSC_0616.jpg

Back