Mike's 360G Build

I do. I have their tank top. Great product

I just sent them an email. I need some custom cut outs, nothing fancy, just cut out for some cords. I'm thinking I should get two lids for my 8' tank to make it easier to remove the lid during maintenance or feeding.

Mark, you're pretty resourceful. You can probably put together your own diy cheato reactor for next to nothing
Mike, sry for muddying up your thread.

I have looked into it, well for a CaCl2 reactor anyway because they seem so redonlulously expensive but by the time you buy a nice chunk of acrylic tube and union fittings and nylon screws and such, it's tuff to build a reactor for much less than you can buy one and with an off the shelf solution there is always previous owner's feedback on the design which you don't have on DIY.

But now you have me thinking... see my thread LOL

Mike, sry for muddying up your thread.

I have looked into it, well for a CaCl2 reactor anyway because they seem so redonlulously expensive but by the time you buy a nice chunk of acrylic tube and union fittings and nylon screws and such, it's tuff to build a reactor for much less than you can buy one and with an off the shelf solution there is always previous owner's feedback on the design which you don't have on DIY.

But now you have me thinking... see my thread LOL

Not a problem! I've seen people make carx out of regular phosban reactors.

I just sent them an email. I need some custom cut outs, nothing fancy, just cut out for some cords. I'm thinking I should get two lids for my 8' tank to make it easier to remove the lid during maintenance or feeding.

I think it's safe for me to say, I don't think you'll be disappointed. I would recommend the feed door on each top and if you can get them to make it hinged I'd say you should do it

I have the small one. I cleaned it out yesterday and filled a 5g bucket at least 60%. You won't need a lot to start you off. Just enough to wrap around the center barber pole style

Hey Rik,

Just wondering how many hours are you running your arid and are you dosing the iron that came with it? If you are dosing, are you dosing the full recommended dose of iron?

I have the small one. I cleaned it out yesterday and filled a 5g bucket at least 60%. You won't need a lot to start you off. Just enough to wrap around the center barber pole style

Hey Rik,

Just wondering how many hours are you running your arid and are you dosing the iron that came with it? If you are dosing, are you dosing the full recommended dose of iron?

I run the arid on a reverse schedule to lights, around 12 hrs, 9pm-9am. I have but not regularly. I do two drops when I do it

Small Update

Small Update

The Dastaco has been keeping parameters rock steady since it's been set up, alk: 8, ca: 450 and mg hasn't budged (mg isn't dosed) from 1500 since the tank started up again.

Last couple weeks the rocks and sand have changed colors from green to brown. My gut is telling me it might be dinos but my mind is hoping it is not. It's slimey but not super stringy. It can grow maybe 1/8-1/4" off the rocks. It's most likely dinos so I've been skimming wet, dosing some zeobac and changing socks daily. I'm hoping the chaeto will out compete it once it grows in more.

The arid reactor has been online for about a week now. I started with a golf ball size of chaeto and this is how much it's grown in a week. Is this normal growth for a week or is it slower or faster than usual? I've never ran a fuge so I'm not really sure of it's growth rates.

IMG_3473.jpg

Took some photos tonight with the DSLR. My camera skills are very lacking. I need to watch some videos and learn how to set the camera.

Just wanted to mention this clog free glue cap I found on Amazon several years ago. I helps keep the glue nozzle clean and clear and ready to go whenever you need to use it. I have been using this bottle of glue for a couple years now and I have never had to poke or cut the nozzle to clear a clog. It has a needle inside the cap and replaces your original superglue cap.

IMG_3496.jpg

Whatever this bacteria/algae was on my sand and rocks seems to be clearing up.

Z_4.jpg

Here is a picture of one of the first SPS in my tank. It was completely browned out. It has since colored up nicely.

8-8-17
IMG_3312.jpg

8-19-17
IMG_3362.jpg

9-8-17
DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

image.jpg

Some pictures my wife took with her phone and a orange gel filter. Gotta say, it looks like it came out better than the pictures I took with a DSLR. :debi:

IMG_3511.jpg

IMG_3512.jpg

IMG_3513.jpg

Took some top down shots tonight along with a front shot. Looking forward to seeing these babies grow into colonies. Hopefully I'll get a few nice fishes in on Wednesday.

Z_35.jpg

This is a top down of the very first sps I put into the system. It was completely browned out, I love watching browned out sps color up.

Z_33.jpg

Z_18.jpg

Z_22.jpg

Z_23.jpg

Z_24.jpg

Z_25.jpg

Z_26.jpg

Z_27.jpg

Z_28.jpg

Back