Mike's 360G Build

Wow. That KH Guardian and calcium reactor system look like an amazing combo. Looks like you'll be able to get tank dialed in super quick.

I'm having to drain my skimmer cup daily. Last night I drained the skimmer cup and tonight, this is how much skimmate has collected. This is probably the best skimmer I have ever owned.

IMG_3354.jpg

The Dastaco carx has alarm features to notify of a co2 leak, water leak or empty co2 bottle. It sounds an audible alarm but also has the option to tie into a third party controller. The port is a regular RCA jack so I bought a 15 ft. cable to run it to the Apex's break out box. I'll have it send me a text and email when an alarm on the Dastaco occurs.

IMG_3355.jpg

The Dastaco reactors are 34" tall. I originally had the effluent line running to the return section in the sump. This caused siphoning issues and noticed my PH really took a hit since bringing the carx online and stopping 2 part dosing. When I was dosing 2 part, my PH was running around 8.3-8.4 throughout the day. Ceasing 2 part dosing and running the carx, my PH dropped to 7.8-8. So I ran some clear vinyl tubing from the sump up to the return pipe and zip tied the tubing to the pipe. I took the effluent line from the sump and ran it up to the top of the vinyl tubing and stuck the line in there. This helped stopped the siphoning and also helps gas off excess co2. My PH is now steady at around 8.2ish.

IMG_3356.jpg

IMG_3357.jpg

Great looking build, the quality is impressive!

I know that neptune says their buss is not USB but that sure looks like a future point of failure to me. I think it might be worth trying something like this

https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...C6V-yi56ZwYBxuPjDOkkE8MD0KOjeE0BoCxdIQAvD_BwE

If not, I have better methods of wetherizing that connection.

Also, I am fairly sure those watts connectors and water line and aquabuss cable sheetthing is not UV rated, there is a strong possibility they will become brittle and fail within a few years. Have you considered running 1 1/4 scedule 40 gray pvc and installing your tubeing and cable in it?

Great looking build, the quality is impressive!

I know that neptune says their buss is not USB but that sure looks like a future point of failure to me. I think it might be worth trying something like this

https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...C6V-yi56ZwYBxuPjDOkkE8MD0KOjeE0BoCxdIQAvD_BwE

If not, I have better methods of wetherizing that connection.

Also, I am fairly sure those watts connectors and water line and aquabuss cable sheetthing is not UV rated, there is a strong possibility they will become brittle and fail within a few years. Have you considered running 1 1/4 scedule 40 gray pvc and installing your tubeing and cable in it?

Thanks! The side yard where all the tubing and aquabus cable is running gets literally no sun during the day. So I'm not worried about UV. I check on the aquabus connection weekly and glad to report, all dry since the day I installed it. I also put a bucket upside down over it for added protection.

A couple weeks ago, my wife asked if I thought the tank was ready for corals. I said possibly, not sure as nitrates were around 25-50 and po4 was .08. She went ahead and bought some corals without my knowledge and this is what showed up.

Slightyly browned out strawberry short cake. It's improved a little in the roughly two weeks it's been in the tank but not by much.

IMG_3299.jpg

IMG_3363.jpg

This one came in completely brown. It now has a glowing teal green color. This one has shown the most improvement thus far.

IMG_3312.jpg

IMG_3362.jpg

This one also came in completely brown. It now has a slight purple tint and the branches are turning a creamy white color. Looking forward to seeing what this one does.

IMG_3313.jpg

IMG_3368.jpg

Some of the wife's gold torches and a green hammer

IMG_3364.jpg

IMG_3365.jpg

IMG_3367.jpg

So this came in the mail today.

IMG_3424.jpg

Very good packaging.
IMG_3425.jpg

This reactor is big! But it looks so awesome.
IMG_3426.jpg

IMG_3427.jpg

I'll be setting it up tonight. Anybody have chaeto? LOL

I have the small one. I cleaned it out yesterday and filled a 5g bucket at least 60%. You won't need a lot to start you off. Just enough to wrap around the center barber pole style

I have the small one. I cleaned it out yesterday and filled a 5g bucket at least 60%. You won't need a lot to start you off. Just enough to wrap around the center barber pole style

I got a little bit to start off with. I'm hoping it will grow and fill up the reactor.

Reactor installed, I got a bit of chaeto to start off with. Hopefully it will fill the reactor in no time. This reactor has some weight to it and it just has quality written all over it. The heat sinks works really well as it gets pretty warm when on for awhile. It's super bright also, I'm thinking I won't even need any moon lights on my tank at night anymore. It pretty much lights up the entire corner of my living room. I'll open up the reactor in a week and see how much the chaeto has grown.

IMG_3438.jpg

IMG_3439.jpg

IMG_3440.jpg

I think I finally got this Dastaco running perfectly now. It's been a trend with this tank that pretty much any equipment I buy, I have to trouble shoot it as there is always something wrong with it. Majority of the stuff has not been plug and play for me, not fitting of things in such a price range. The co2 reaction chamber would completely drain causing the ehiem pump to run dry. It would eventually restart on it's own but it shouldn't run dry in the first place. Even though it was delivering alk/ca to the tank, it was also wasting a lot of co2.

IMG_3452.jpg

Well, this KHG got packed up and shipped back to CoralVue yesterday. Loved it when it was working properly but in the less than a month it's been running, it's been throwing errors left and right. I would be able to clear the errors and get it running again but it would throw an error again a week later. This time, there was an error I couldn't clear and one of the doser motors stopped turning. Hopefully it will be an easy fix and I'll get it back soon.

IMG_3450.jpg

Some pics my wife took of the newly acquired corals.

IMG_3453.jpg

IMG_3454.jpg

IMG_3455.jpg

IMG_3456.jpg

IMG_3421.jpg

There is a vertical strip of clear acrylic allowing you to see it. I know it when the bright light that radiates from the top goes dim and I can see the green through the lid

Too bad I'm doing a tightly regulated budget build. Now I want one of those .. and a calcium reactor and a ozoneizer and a ORP probe and a .....LOL

I happen to know that you can grow amazing corals on the minimalistic system I am setting up, but the toys sure are fun and they make is a lot easier.

I am really enjoying your toys and beautiful tank vicariously.

Back