Minimalist Aquascaping

Update:
27yqzb9.jpg

24qn94y.jpg

I am very impressed by the variety of corals in your tank!!
Have you got a list of them?
I would like to use it as an inspiration for tank I'm building (55x55x19).
Congratulations on such a beautiful work!!

I am very impressed by the variety of corals in your tank!!
Have you got a list of them?
I would like to use it as an inspiration for tank I'm building (55x55x19).
Congratulations on such a beautiful work!!

Thank you very much, Walterruben. I don't have a list anywhere. I am very much a fan of variety. It's the spice of life!

Hi Ruben, thanks, the tank itself has only been running for only a month. All the corals and fishes came from my old setup and transferred it to this tank.

I'll try to post more pics here in the future, but you can always check my tank thread.

Thanks again!

Hello MedRed!!!
I see non photosynthetic corals in your tank, Do you know their names apart from the tubastrea?
What degree of difficulty did you have in keeping NPS?
What is your feeding routine?
I would like to start the keeping of NPS.
Best regards!!!!

hope this counts, 60G cube with 36lbs of tongs and self rock, the whole this is one big piece i mortared together. :)
20120528_122837.jpg

20120603_233334.jpg

DRUMROLL!
20120608_230840.jpg

There are some truly beautiful tanks in this thread. It seems as though "minimalist" has a very broad definition. I'm not so sure it based on the "amount" of rock in the tank so much as utilization of negative space the defines this aquascaping style. I have 200# of dry rock coming in for my 150gal tank of which I plan to use about 100# in the DT. I over bought so that I would have a large number of pieces to choose from. I figure any that I don't use can go in the sump or be sold to members of my local club.

Hopefully, I will have some pictures within the next week or so.

I'm guessing it's more about the dead space. Still inthe end that remains related to how much rock you use unless you go really high with your structures.

OK.......silly newbie question....

Some of these minimalist scapes are amazing but....how do you keep up your bio-filtration?

Do you have remote sumps with the remainder of your live rock? Another method? :spin2:

OK.......silly newbie question....

Some of these minimalist scapes are amazing but....how do you keep up your bio-filtration?

Do you have remote sumps with the remainder of your live rock? Another method? :spin2:

Ya, Frequently lots of rock in the sump.

Here is my 60 cube.
It's been up for 4 years, been moved twice, and I just moved my 4 clams
and some other corals into a frag tank next to it. I'm enjoying the space and simplicity,
it used to be so crammed full of coral.
I'll try to take more / better pics of the sides as well.

7601789868_539606ef91_z.jpg

Here is my 60 cube.
It's been up for 4 years, been moved twice, and I just moved my 4 clams
and some other corals into a frag tank next to it. I'm enjoying the space and simplicity,
it used to be so crammed full of coral.
I'll try to take more / better pics of the sides as well.

7601789868_539606ef91_z.jpg

Really amazing,simple,clean and beautifull.

Here's Mine

Here's Mine

It's a Tech 120 I got used for $250

The rock on the right is 20x18 wide, it's about 75lbs dry

Attachments

• Tank Dry.jpg
    Tank Dry.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 0
Back