Misled's 80 gallon Mixed Up Deep Blue Rimless Edge Lagoon

Misled

RC Mod
Staff member
RC Mod
So this will be my new build thread. The tank is a Deep Blue rimless edge, 80 gallons, 48x24x16. I chose this tank mostly because of the 24 inch depth. It being only 16 inches high creates some other options, most of which I will add later. The tank.

The lighting was something I wanted to do kinda in my own way. I started with a cheap 6 bulb t5 fixture. The only thing I kept from it was the housing, moonlights and timer. 2 new ballasts were installed with new reflectors for the 4 t5's. A Marsaqua 48 inch strip LED was installed between the t5's.

Light over tank.

Last edited:
I've also began collecting other equipment. RLSS R6-I skimmer with DC controllable pump.

GSA kalk stirrer and liter-meter.

Vortech MP-40 QD.

And a Cadlights sump.

Going to pick up wood and start the stand this weekend. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Where are you putting this tank?

Same place as the old corner. That means the overflow is exposed. I'm going to tape the glass off and paint where the overflow is, the back and the other side since there's a wall there. I'm debating the black thing.

Looking good Jess!
Right on scheduled with the plan of this build, coming together nice also.
I envy your patience with this new build, you have been planning this for a while now haven't you?
You still have your tank with RBTA's

I envy your patience with this new build, you have been planning this for a while now haven't you?
You still have your tank with RBTA's

Hey Kevin. Yea, been really trying to take my time. I have one RBTA left. Gave the rest to Jamie. He set up a tank just for them. I think I gave him like 9 of them. He's gonna run out of space real quick!!! :lol:

How ironic!!! So as mentioned above, I've been debating the black on the back of the tank. I'm thinking a blue, somewhat dark to look like the ocean as it fades into the distance behind the reef. Something like a "DEEP BLUE." I crack myself up!!! :lol:

If you decide to go black, you could try window tint that way if you don't like it, it will be easier to remove.

I've been tempted to velcro some thin mirror onto back walls. I run a wedge bow, and it gets natural reflection on the sidewalls anyway, which makes the reef look double its size.

Same place as the old corner. That means the overflow is exposed. I'm going to tape the glass off and paint where the overflow is, the back and the other side since there's a wall there. I'm debating the black thing.

Nice looking setup Jesse! I didnt cover the side of my overflow because it is easier to get the fish out when they decide to jump in there.

You're joking right??? With the corner, the overflow is in the far back corner. You can't see in it. I just pull the drain and let whatever take a ride to the sump!!! :lol:

Purdy much. There will be some other LPS. I have some I still want to keep for the color. Also the bottom. I won't call what I'm doing a sandbed, since there will not be sand this time. It's not going to be bare bottom either, but I do have plans for something epic.

Back