Misled's 80 gallon Mixed Up Deep Blue Rimless Edge Lagoon

I ran two modded for ten years with only an occasional cleaning, (maybe every year or so). One still running in my sump, (non modded), without a bit of noise. Don't know about the Cobalts. I know what I have with the Marinelands. My tank is in my living room. My wife wouldn't put up with any sound from it.

Looking good. Be careful of the marineland pumps. Theyre not like they used to be. Cobalts are the old marineland quality.

Slow build is slow! lol

BTW... keep that kamoer off the floor. I got like a half inch of water in my stand (dont ask) and it totally fried my two week old kamoer. The case is bent metal, with cuts in the bottom corners so the metal bends properly. So there is literally nothing to prevent water from getting inside and contacting the circuit board, other than the thin rubber feet that raise it maybe 1/8th of an inch.

Slow build is slow! lol

BTW... keep that kamoer off the floor. I got like a half inch of water in my stand (dont ask) and it totally fried my two week old kamoer. The case is bent metal, with cuts in the bottom corners so the metal bends properly. So there is literally nothing to prevent water from getting inside and contacting the circuit board, other than the thin rubber feet that raise it maybe 1/8th of an inch.

Sorry Dennis. :(

So I bought one of the 48 inch first gen of one of these.

2ZOlCZ0.jpg

The wiring set up on it is crap. I know it's because they used existing fixtures, but having a wire come out on both sides makes no sense. It's been completely torn apart, (my wife hates when I do this). I was surprised that there were decent ballasts in them, but I have to rewire them. Ordered some strain reliefs to make things tidy. I have the two that were on the lights, but I'll need three to do it my way, so I figured I'd just put new ones on throughout.

I'll take some pics as I go along, but I won't post most of them till I get the light up. As long as what I have in my mind goes right, this is gonna look sick.

Hey Dog, So the opening is only 7.25, which wouldn't work between them. I'm sure that you could just set them on top if it doesn't get moved much. If it does get moved some, you may be able to attach the brackets I'm using and attach your lights to the top somehow. I'll take some pics and put them up when I get home so you can see what I mean.

Here's a pic of the ways I can see you can use this. The third, (on the right) is something that may interest you. You can tie the brackets to each light to hold them in place. The longer bracket on top of the light on the left is used to tie the two T5 fixtures together, (there's one for each side).

63mV2aR.jpg

This is how I'm gonna try to do mine.

msCK70n.jpg

The 26HD's have two pucks. I want them front to back since my tank is 24in front to back. They aren't made to be mounted like this, but I think I can make it work.

Hey Jesse, I think at least 2 of those methods will work for me. Thank you so much. I will let you know how I do.

I won't hang mine, (well not really anyway). I've figured out a way to mount this from the rear wall and cover it with plexi to make a floating canopy. Yes, let me know about yours.

Hey Jesse, attached, are a few photos to show how I adapted the Aquaticlife fixture to accommodate my GHL Mitras, thanks to your help.

Attachments

• Optimized-AIMG_20180815_103526[1].jpg
    Optimized-AIMG_20180815_103526[1].jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Optimized-aIMG_20180815_103549[1].jpg
    Optimized-aIMG_20180815_103549[1].jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Optimized-aIMG_20180815_105941[1].jpg
    Optimized-aIMG_20180815_105941[1].jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Optimized-AIMG_20180815_110020[1].jpg
    Optimized-AIMG_20180815_110020[1].jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Optimized-IMG_20180815_103006[1].jpg
    Optimized-IMG_20180815_103006[1].jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 1
Hey Jesse, slow is fine, you just ignore all the turd birds. My trail name is SAS. I thought my husband and kids gave a cute sassy name. Then I found it means slow and steady, or slow and stop depending on the trail elevation changes. Sometimes I hate them.

:wave: All my builds are slow. I've spent a lot of time thinking about it. This one will be my last so a lot of attention to detail is working it's way into it. It's in my living room so it must be a work of art. At 61 it must also be easy to deal with. Even now, after thinking about the lighting for like ever, I'm still coming up with little changes.

Back