Mixing Station Pumps

An internal soaked in vinegar will remove that junk.

I'd use a mag pump for a mixing station if I had one. They are internal or external and they've been proven to last years in ponds and mixing stations. Only issue I would have is mixing salt directly over the pump may cause impeller erosion. I use a mj900 to mix water for my water changes and some salt got into the impeller and now the magnet has grooves and I threw out water.

The jebao has an impeller protector that keeps all but algae out of it.

I have been wanting to build a station for a while and the pump was my big cost as well. Well last night the impeller in my return pump Mag 12B took a crap. I of course didn't have a backup on hand and couldn't get an impeller anywhere local. So I bought a new mag 12B from my lfs for $130. Got my tank up and running which is what I needed but now I have my old mag in hand and an impeller in the mail from amazon. Instead of it collecting dust I will now have my mixing station which is also my backup if I need it again for my tank.

I'm using two of these for my mixing station and top off system I got on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160-4200-GP...hash=item41a3ab0e88:m:mO2VAxVHCNA6vdKiaGfn31g

I was concerned about the quality but they have served me perfectly for over a year now. I have the 2100gph units. I do believe the gph falls off quickly with head pressure so I recommend going up a size or 2 from the gph you want. I have one externally hard plumbed into my saltwater mixing station which also does double duty for my automatic water changer. And I have one dropped into my freshwater top off tank to feed the aquarium. I have had the top off tank run dry on several occasions without any harm to the pump. I am very happy with them.

skeeter

Any chance you have a pic of the inline plumbing? Can't seem to find details on the inlet port diameter or location.

Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys-

Sorry for the multiple posts- i literally cant see any of them on Tapatalk, and ive been using my phone for the past week. I figured my posts where being lost somehow

My apologies!

Back