Which wavemaker(s)/gyres for 36"x19"X14" shallow tank?

Looking for suggestions for what to use for flow for 36"x19"X14" shallow tank for mixed reef with medium/coarse sand.

This is a rimless tank and I would love to limit visual distraction so smaller profiles and/or one pump preferred (but I can do two if necessary. I would like to stay under $400 or less TOTAL.

Thank you! Doug

Smallest could be the hygger mini. I have the 1600gph one and it’s maybe 50 cent piece size and about 1-1.5 inches sticking out. You’d likely need multiple though.

Other than that I run a Neptune wav which sticks out like a sore thumb or various Jebao.

My Jebao gyre I’m not a fan of. I guess I just don’t get the way the flow is supposed to flow. It seems fine one day and seems like it shifts the next.

My Jebao SLW 20 and 30 pumps are about inside palm sized around and stick out about maybe 2 inches. Kinda obvious when mounted on the side of the tank but relatively small by comparison to the Neptune wav which is about the size of 1/2 a brick (literally). You may still need 2 or so of these depending on what kind of flow you’re aiming for.

I also run a Jebao rw-8. If you’ve ever run korallia or similar wavemakers, it sticks out 3 inches or so while being about 2 inches around. Again you’d likely need 2 or so).

Not sure if this helps at all.

Smallest could be the hygger mini. I have the 1600gph one and it’s maybe 50 cent piece size and about 1-1.5 inches sticking out. You’d likely need multiple though.

Other than that I run a Neptune wav which sticks out like a sore thumb or various Jebao.

My Jebao gyre I’m not a fan of. I guess I just don’t get the way the flow is supposed to flow. It seems fine one day and seems like it shifts the next.

My Jebao SLW 20 and 30 pumps are about inside palm sized around and stick out about maybe 2 inches. Kinda obvious when mounted on the side of the tank but relatively small by comparison to the Neptune wav which is about the size of 1/2 a brick (literally). You may still need 2 or so of these depending on what kind of flow you’re aiming for.

I also run a Jebao rw-8. If you’ve ever run korallia or similar wavemakers, it sticks out 3 inches or so while being about 2 inches around. Again you’d likely need 2 or so).

Do these OR others folks recommend pair on the same controller so you can run them together using alternative flow and things?

The Jebaos can do master/slave mode. I believe the newer wifi Jebaos also have an app available for them.

The Hygger I think is a one controller per Wavemaker.

Neptune Wav can be controlled by Apex. Not sure if it was set up individually how it works

Back