Modern Fish

nivekid

Hello All, I had an empty wall in my house that I was looking to fill with some art. I tend to lean more to clean, modern design and I couldn't find much reef/fish art that truly fit my design. So, I set out to create my own piece of art. I wanted to create something modern and slightly abstract while still capturing the essence of the fish and being scientifically/anatomically correct. I started with one of my favorite fish, the Copperband Butterflyfish. Here is what I came up with:

Copperband.jpg

This is just a small resolution file. The original is much larger and higher in resolution as I plan to print it on a 24x36 canvas. Let me know what you think! If there is enough interest I may even take requests.

Thats nice! I too wanted modern aquatic stuff to put up in my house. There is a seller of metal wall art on ebay named lostintheshed2010 I have a 3' shark over my 42" LCD TV, some sting rays, and a turtle he made.

He cuts the stuff out of metal with a plasma torch, and then airbrushes it with multiple layers of automotive grade paint and clearcoats it. Comes out really nice! Every week or so he puts up new things, so I'm always searching his stuff looking for his latest work

It's just lovely. Honestly, I think you could sell prints of it. Do a series of them, just so we can enjoy more.

I love the thing

Thanks!

Thats nice! I too wanted modern aquatic stuff to put up in my house. There is a seller of metal wall art on ebay named lostintheshed2010 I have a 3' shark over my 42" LCD TV, some sting rays, and a turtle he made.

He cuts the stuff out of metal with a plasma torch, and then airbrushes it with multiple layers of automotive grade paint and clearcoats it. Comes out really nice! Every week or so he puts up new things, so I'm always searching his stuff looking for his latest work

I will look him up. I love good metal art.

Beautiful! And because I envy anyone with art talent; your CBB has ich!!

Haha, very nice. I'll be sure to quarantine him before introducing him to the wall.

It's just lovely. Honestly, I think you could sell prints of it. Do a series of them, just so we can enjoy more.

Keep an eye out for the next in the series.

That is pretty interesting.

My only critique is that the nose/mouth area, which to me is one of the defining characteristics of a butterfly, is not well outlined. If I was going to purchase a print of that fish I'd want a clearly defined outline in that area.

Just my 2 cents! You've got a nice piece of work there.

That is pretty interesting.

My only critique is that the nose/mouth area, which to me is one of the defining characteristics of a butterfly, is not well outlined. If I was going to purchase a print of that fish I'd want a clearly defined outline in that area.

Just my 2 cents! You've got a nice piece of work there.

Thanks for the honest critique. I was going for an implied nose/mouth area. The darker blue lines are intended to lead the eyes in that direction and from that point let the mind fill in the gap. Maybe it didn't work out as intended.

Love it!!!!!!!!

Thanks crabby!

I think the mouth is just fine as is. CBB's aren't green, purple, blue and aqua either, but all those colors work to convey the beauty of this fish.

Back