monterrey local reef stores

tiburone9162003

sup guys, can u guys tell me if theres any reef stores on that area? i might be going there soon n i wanted to stop by at some places..

There is a local store called Pets Fun coming out of 101 into Boronda then go east, then just keep going on Boronda until you see Walmart and Pets Fun will be there. Sometimes you may get lucky and find something you like but it seem like they just specialize in tropical fresh water.

The other is on Monterey street(one way st) called Oceans Above. You will need to get off on Main st and just keep going until you pass the railroad bridge. Just keep going until you reach Alisal St and turn left on it then turn left on Monterey st(2nd One way street). Oceans Above will be on your right in front of the parking structure it is the only blue building on that street. Now this store specializes in salt wate only and they have small as well as large fish. Plus they are very knowledgeable and helpful they actually do in home service as well.

Don't waist your time here. Stop in the bay, that's where the good stores are.. Neptune, Atlantis, king aquarium, and many others

good! .. good weather,not much traffic.. first stop was at berkeley with shawn,very cool guy,very nice clean place n tanks!, most SPS,not much zoas.. still good,but im a fan of the zoas :), i bough a green birdnest from him and at the end he give me some macro!, thanx shawn...

next stop san francisco,cant remember the name,aquatic something, cool litle store, theres way too much going on in the store that u cant really appreciate the tanks,and those stairs! becareful guys if u happen to go there,i bough a florida ric there...

next stop hayward at aquatic collection, very nice place,clean tanks,LOTS! of corals,good prices! they ship!, good people and always very helpfull,i bough some zoas,i wanted to buy more! but i still had another stop to make ...

next stop milpitas at neptune, nice people,clean tanks, good yellow lab dog :) ...
also good prices, good prices... i also got some RPE's,mushrooms, n 2 SPS..

i wish i had time to visit more,but it was late and they were closing...
maybe next time ill get out down south,if you guys got info bout good stores down south please let me know...

I've scouted all of san jose and I found that for new reefers king aquarium in San Jose is the best for price and a great selection of soft corals and hearty fish. but a great selection of supply and equipment and for the experienced check out neptune for sps, lps, and the best selection of clams.

I've scouted all of san jose and I found that for new reefers king aquarium in San Jose is the best for price and a great selection of soft corals and hearty fish. but a great selection of supply and equipment and for the experienced check out neptune for sps, lps, and the best selection of clams.

Yes, King Aquarium is it for beginners. Have tons of chromis, yellow tangs, clowns, and softies, and is a huge store.
I am not a fan.
Very hard to get help, livestock is in poor health (always see floaters), and tanks very poorly maintained.

If you are looking for healthy fish and a very good price go to Tec at Blue Ocean Aquatics, just right around the corner from Neptune. Tec has unbeatable prices on fish and have never seen a sick or dead fish in any of the tanks. He has Flame wrasses for $45 and Golden Rhomboids for $120. I will only get my fish from Tec. Healthiest fish around that I have found.

Why have I not gone to this store? Justin, have you been there recently? Any rhomboids in stock?

IDK, I asked my self the same thing when I first went there.
I was there last weekend and got my rhom. he had more in-stock but some were sold and he wanted to hold onto a few. I am sure he has more.

Back