most important supplement for coral?

Well duh, but which one? My LFS doesn't carry it

Salifert, seachem, and elos are three makers off the top of my head. Many of the .com fish supply sites out there will sell them, I'm sure most if not all can be found on eBay but not sure about the price comparison compared to the .com fish supply stores

Salifert, seachem, and elos are three makers off the top of my head. Many of the .com fish supply sites out there will sell them, I'm sure most if not all can be found on eBay but not sure about the price comparison compared to the .com fish supply stores

Red sea pro! is as close to lab grade your as you're going to get.

I have a 55 gallon tank and am planning on making it a lps soft like your nano, in the past I had a 55 and never really dosed but did a 10-20% water change every 2 weeks and my levels were always good.

I wasn't planning on dosing any supplements, but now, I am beginning to understand that this is an improtant part of reef keeping. My tiny reef is mostly softies, with lps corals too. So, hypothetically, if I could only dose ONE supplement...which should it be? what is most important to the general health of corals?
what would you reccomend I really use in my pico reef? thanks!

I would not dose anything in a pico with only 2.5 gallons of water in it. Water changes are more than enough.

I would not dose anything in a pico with only 2.5 gallons of water in it. Water changes are more than enough.

I agree! Water changes will be way cheaper and way less time consuming than testing and supplmenting. Sofies and LPS don't burn through Alk, CA or Mg very fast and you should be able to easily keep up with water changes.

Yea. For a 2.5 gal tank I'd just do a gallon a week water change with a salt that mixes at around the levels you are shooting for and not worry about anything else.

Back