Mounting Peristaltic Pump Under Stand Ideas- Under Mount

BeanMachine

I want to create a shelf that I can mount under the tank... the deck is 3/4" plywood. I'm going to buy the Kamoer FX STP Peristaltic pump for my calcium reactor. I'd like to hang it above the calcium reactor out of the way.

I was looking for some type of undermount shelf, or an easy way to build one. I found some under mount brackets and under mount shelves that seem to be for cash register drawers... but they seem a little to small for what I want. I would want something say 8 inches tall that could hang.

The dimensions of the pump is- 3.25" L x 5.25" W x 5" H

Any ideas? Thanks in advance. :beer:

ff019f194d3382e54e24d0e5b90df0f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bend acrylic strip with a heat gun or that 3d plastic printing thingy??

Hmm. Nothing I have hehe. Thanks for the suggestions though Kenny.

I am leaning towards a box shelf and I'll just run some screws through the top into the deck above.

Unless someone comes up with a nicer idea.

Following. Looking for ideas for the exact same thing.
I bought a materflex peristaltic to run on my calcium reactor. But it's sooo bulky.
Going with the new pacific sun v2 CalcFeeder pro. On its way from Poland (i think) Right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is just my experience Cody since you have a little one about the same age as my little dude that likes to touch everything he sees...

I know you’re going to put cover on the stand but if I were you, I would put the co2 tank on the right side of the sump all the way in the back so she can’t get to it and turn the knobs for fun. And maybe put the calcium reactor in front of that if there is no room for side to side. Also, the kamoer pump looks like it’s a pump with a small footprint so I don’t think you need to shelve it. I would imagine it also being heavy so last thing you want is that thing falling. Another thing is that is going to be continuos operation so I would think you would want it on a surface as flat as possible so that there is no risk of the pump head turning at an angle that may be slightly off.

Nice reactor...I like that aquamaxx. The filter in the influent side of the reactor is nice for keeping the media clean. But it does get dirty and will slow down the feed rate over time. Easy fix with routine maintenance.

Sleek looking set up that’s for sure. Now get some corals in there already!!!

This is just my experience Cody since you have a little one about the same age as my little dude that likes to touch everything he sees...

I know you’re going to put cover on the stand but if I were you, I would put the co2 tank on the right side of the sump all the way in the back so she can’t get to it and turn the knobs for fun. And maybe put the calcium reactor in front of that if there is no room for side to side. Also, the kamoer pump looks like it’s a pump with a small footprint so I don’t think you need to shelve it. I would imagine it also being heavy so last thing you want is that thing falling. Another thing is that is going to be continuos operation so I would think you would want it on a surface as flat as possible so that there is no risk of the pump head turning at an angle that may be slightly off.

Nice reactor...I like that aquamaxx. The filter in the influent side of the reactor is nice for keeping the media clean. But it does get dirty and will slow down the feed rate over time. Easy fix with routine maintenance.

Sleek looking set up that’s for sure. Now get some corals in there already!!!

Thanks Vu. The tank won't fit next to the sump on the right side. There is room for some reactors but its not wide enough for the tank or the carx. I'd have to put it on the floor outside the stand and I don't want to do that. But I definitely get what your saying. I definitely plan to strap it so it won't tip over. Once I have the skin finished she won't be able to access under the tank. I can maybe move the bottle behind the reactor though in roughly the same location.

Maybe I can make a guard of some kind around the top of the bottle so she can't turn the knob if I ever leave the skin open.

I am already trying to teach her that she's not to touch anything under the tank, but I know that is easier said than done with a two year old haha :headwally:

Do they sell slim C02 bottles? I don't necessarily need such a big tank, I just got it a while back for a great deal.

Shouldn't the pump be mounted higher than the sump? I'm trying to keep things clean and out of the way for ease of maintenance as much as possible.

If you already have the co2 tank then no point getting another one. But that was the reason I went to a 5 lb tank vs the 20 lb tank I had because it was smaller so easier to fit inside the stand.

Pump is peristaltic so I don’t think it would matter where you put it. Please correct me if I’m wrong on that one. I’m also in support of feeding with your return so that you don’t have to get a separate pump. If anything I would use that pump as an ATO pump (expensive one!) so you can even pull ATO water from your garage or wherever you’re putting your rodi tank.

I know you're going to put cover on the stand but if I were you, I would put the co2 tank on the right side of the sump all the way in the back so she can't get to it and turn the knobs for fun. And maybe put the calcium reactor in front of that if there is no room for side to side. Also, the kamoer pump looks like it's a pump with a small footprint so I don't think you need to shelve it. I would imagine it also being heavy so last thing you want is that thing falling. Another thing is that is going to be continuos operation so I would think you would want it on a surface as flat as possible so that there is no risk of the pump head turning at an angle that may be slightly off.

Sleek looking set up that's for sure. Now get some corals in there already!!!

Funny you mention that... My three year old thought it would be fun to turn Jamie's light timers around and around and around... Jamie didn't see any humor in it though...

I have that pump for Kalk dosing. Been trying to find a good spot for it too. But my stand is metal so pretty hard to make a magnet piece..

I currently have it just sitting on the edge, on top of a dosing container.. as long as it sits somewhere, the pump will work. It's not very loud either at <80ml/min. Anything from 80-120ml, you will need a perfectly flat spot. The vibration makes a little noise. the pump itself makes some noise too.

This pump uses a soft tubing they provide. I tried to use black solid RODI tubing, but the connection area is not very tight. Tend of drip water at times..

Cody its easy to make a shelf and screw it into the stand. Stand tubing is hollow. It's difficult for me to explain in words exactly how to do it,I will show you on Wednesday.

Funny you mention that... My three year old thought it would be fun to turn Jamie's light timers around and around and around... Jamie didn't see any humor in it though...

Mine thought it was more fun to turn off all the switches on the dj strip and the knobs on the carbondoser. Lol

Last edited:
Coral Vue doesn't recommend you place the pump above the water, and also says to have it higher than your sump.

Back