Moving-a-tank-best-way-transport-my-clam?

floppyfish

Hey-all,-first-off-excuse-the-dash's-my-spacebar-broke-on-my-keyboard.

OK-I-am-buying-a-tank-from-a-fellow-reefer.-He-has-a-Squamy-I-believe-in-it-and-I-do-not-have-any-experience-with-these-animals.-Of-course_I-want-to-be-succesful-in-keeping-a-clam,-and-would-like-to-know-the-best-way-to-transport-it.-It-will-roughly-be-a-1.1/2-hour-drive-plus-the-time-to-tear-down/setup-the-tank.

Should-I-just-throw-it-in-a-bag?-Small-bucket-small-cooler?

Any-help-would-be-greatly-appreciated.

Matt

You are killing me with your keyboard Matt. lol

Even if you carried the clam in your pocket all the way home, the Squamosa will most remain flawless.

As you mentioned, a cooler, and a small powerhead for aeration as you do whatever it is you have to do to the tank will be fine.

Do you already have an established system, along with the proper lighting to keep the clam? If so, then you should be fine.

Heh,-thanks-Project.

Uh-yeah-its-an-existing-setup.-How-long-its-been-setup-I'm-not-sure.-The-clam-looks-realy-healthy-in-the-pictures-I've-seen-the-mantle-was-stretched-way-out.-Here-is-a-picture-of-the-tank.-You-can-see-it-on-the-bottom-right.-Looks-good-in-this-picture-but-who-knows-now.-I'm-sure-its-doing-great-I-don't-see-why-he-would-let-the-tank-go-to-hell-so-to-speak.

attachment.php

Whats up Matt your keyboard predicament is really funny dude, sure you don't want me to ship you a temporary keyboard or something? Anywho it will do fine, I actually had a crocea and I didn't have enough water to get it home since it was attatched to a big piece of rock and couldn't be submerged in the container, it was maybe a couple hours out of the water and it did fine, I just splashed it occasionally. Clams are real hardy animals and the cooler is a good idea, it will help put as little stress on the animal as possible compared to my method lol.

Back