Moving to Colorado part ll

Mojo Rising

So I think we've found a house we are making an offer on. It is in the area of Smoky Hill Rd and the 470. Can anyone tell me if this is an OK area.

Its a newer area thats only minutes away from everything. Yes it a nice area. I do not live in this area but have built a bunch of homes in this area snd also have a few friends there too.

Good luck with the move,
Martin

I think that's an area that will soon be just as much a part of town as the rest of aurora. Aren't they building a HUGE mall out that way?

Great area! Must be rich. lol I'm from Aurora. Centennial has GREAT schools if you have kids. The high school is Cherokee Trails... GREAT education. Just stay away from North Aurora. The place you are looking at is in Centennial, But Aurora is practicaly joined with it. They are two seperate cities, but they are connected. North Aurora is about 20 minutes away but once you end up in Aurora, only 5-10 minute drive it is easy to end up there. But where you are looking at its a great place. They have just started building that part up. I grew up in central Aurora and I loved it. I currently have a friend that lives there and he loves it.

P.S.-
STAY AWAY FROM MONTBELLOW, lol, no offence to anyone who lives there, have alot of freinds that live there just not too good of an area- fairly far but just be careful

And if you have any questions just ask like I said I lived there for 20 years. (i'm only 20) but I know ALOT about the area.

I live out here. Its really nice, and yes the mall is being built. All out door shops, many of them are already open. The only drawback to this area is that the houses are really close together. Big houses, small properties. E-470 is nice because there is usually not any traffic but it does have tolls. Good neighborhoods though. Great place to have children. Many kids around here and really good school system. (Cherry Creek schools). Crime is not really an issue (as far as I have seen). Pluse there are many reefers in this area. Bonus! WElcome to the neighborhood.

Melissa

STAY AWAY FROM MONTBELLOW, lol, no offence to anyone who lives there, have alot of freinds that live there just not too good of an area- fairly far but just be careful

Hmmm, thats funny cause I technically live in Montbello and its not that bad. I havent had any problems and to be honest, the neighbors are the most kind neighbors I have ever had...including the neighbors that I had when I lived where I grew up (town with a pop. of 4000 people). Its sad really that people think the neighborhood is a bad neighborhood based off of the color of people that live there. Yes, I am the minority here, and to be honest, I would rather live here than in a "nice" part of town anyday.

Nate

Last edited:
Ha Ha like I said I was not trying to put anyone or the area of town. But I do know of many many many killings that took place there. Like I said I have friends VERY good friends there and went to high school there. I lived there for a few years. I went to Montbello high school for a year and a half. And trust me I am anything but racist... I am hispanic and have run with some pretty tough crowds around that area. I know what goes on around there. I know that their are VERY nice people there. But you know that their are thoes people that do not help the area out. Agian I'm not trying to put anyone down I was just making a statement, which by police statistics prove that the area have a fairly high crime rate... but don't get me wrong, Aurora is no prize piece by any means... I'm just telling Mojo Rising what I KNOW about the area. Their is no reason to candy coat any of the Denver area and the surrounding areas.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7120052#post7120052 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RedHonda69
Great area! Must be rich. lol I'm from Aurora. Centennial has GREAT schools if you have kids. The high school is Cherokee Trails... GREAT education. Just stay away from North Aurora. The place you are looking at is in Centennial, But Aurora is practicaly joined with it. They are two seperate cities, but they are connected. North Aurora is about 20 minutes away but once you end up in Aurora, only 5-10 minute drive it is easy to end up there. But where you are looking at its a great place. They have just started building that part up. I grew up in central Aurora and I loved it. I currently have a friend that lives there and he loves it.

P.S.-

And if you have any questions just ask like I said I lived there for 20 years. (i'm only 20) but I know ALOT about the area.

Rich? The place we are looking at is only 175 grand:D

Thanks for the great feedback guys. If I had my way I'd live out of town but I don't think the wife would appreciate the 40 mile commute into work everyday.

I think I am going to be in the market for a custom stand and canopy once I get moved. I have a 60"x18" tank but the front corners are rounded so I would like to be able to have the furniture match as well. Anyone in the area do that type of work?

Thanks again

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7120791#post7120791 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by RedHonda69
Ha Ha like I said I was not trying to put anyone or the area of town. But I do know of many many many killings that took place there. Like I said I have friends VERY good friends there and went to high school there. I lived there for a few years. I went to Montbello high school for a year and a half. And trust me I am anything but racist... I am hispanic and have run with some pretty tough crowds around that area. I know what goes on around there. I know that their are VERY nice people there. But you know that their are thoes people that do not help the area out. Agian I'm not trying to put anyone down I was just making a statement, which by police statistics prove that the area have a fairly high crime rate... but don't get me wrong, Aurora is no prize piece by any means... I'm just telling Mojo Rising what I KNOW about the area. Their is no reason to candy coat any of the Denver area and the surrounding areas.

My mom lives in a very hispanic area of socal. There are some really bad areas around there but she is in a very good neighborhood. Most of the houses are very well kept and the people are really cool to her. I don't want to have to shoot my way to and from my house but I aint into watching Biff and Buffy wash their matching B'mers every Saturday either. I am hoping to land in a middle class section where things are fairly mellow, at lest were mellow until I showed up:D

That price for a house in that area is good!

Awsome, well where ever you live if its around the Aurora/parker/Centnnial area it is all in all a good place. I hope you enjoy Colorado! And thats the way to do it! SHAKE UP THE NEIGHBORHOOD! ha ha!

from my inside knowledge of whats being developed around the metro area, smokey hill and e470 will be booming within a couple of years, that mall out there was our baby

I live in Saddle Rock, E-470 and Smokey Hill. Seems like only a few years ago this was all gravel roads. Very good area. Great schools and plenty of friendly people.

The good thing about being part of Aurora is that the property tax each year is about 3.5% compared to that of Cenntennial which is almost double that.

There is a place we are looking at near Iliff and Tower too. I assume that is an OK area too? The other place is listed as being in Centennial. It is maybe a half mile northwest of Smokey Hill and e470.

The only problem I can see with living at Smokey Hill and e470 is all the toll fares you'll be paying. I'm sure there are other ways to get places from there without using the e470 but if I lived there I'd probably use the toll road just for convience.

Back