Mt fish list

Johan Viljoen

Hello everyone, I am setting up a 50g nuvo fusion lagoon (dimensions are 30"X24"X16"). My "have to have" fish is the six line wrasse, I know it can become quite aggressive but if i put it in last with fish that aren't to docile it'll be fine, right? I also want to ad two occelaris clowns. My question is whish other fish would I be able to put in this tank with the six line and the clowns? Thank You to all who reply :fun2:

I'm one who is hesitant to put a lined wrasse in my tank and if I did I would want a larger tank so I could ha e it accompany more aggressive fish. Anyways many have kept a clown pair with the lined wrasse it seems. The caveat IMO is that if something happens to one clown and you have to replace it with a new small (juvenile) clown down the road, the lined wrasse may not take well to it.

Some anecdotes on lined wrasse compatibility that may help you decide: http://www.wetwebmedia.com/linedwrascompfaq.htm

Hello everyone, I am setting up a 50g nuvo fusion lagoon (dimensions are 30"X24"X16"). My "have to have" fish is the six line wrasse, I know it can become quite aggressive but if i put it in last with fish that aren't to docile it'll be fine, right? I also want to ad two occelaris clowns. My question is whish other fish would I be able to put in this tank with the six line and the clowns? Thank You to all who reply :fun2:

I had couple which never bothered anything in the tank including timid fish like firefish and diamond watchman goby. And that's over six years. So I personally do not understand when people say that Sixlines are aggressive.

I had couple which never bothered anything in the tank including timid fish like firefish and diamond watchman goby. And that's over six years. So I personally do not understand when people say that Sixlines are aggressive.

One fish's behavior does not mean the rest of the species are like that. Judging by the horrid stories I've seen on this forum, OP, I would highly recommend not getting one.

Thank you for all your replies. Most of you have said not to get it bacause of the future aggresion. Would that aggresion be more mild if I add a more aggressive fish like a damsel so that the six line won't be the "tank boss" or would that just create all out chaos? If it would work what type of damsel would you guys recomend? I am willing to offer up the clowns for the six line. Thank You :)

Clowns are damsels. Tank is relatively small don't do a mated clown pair & a six line & a damsel. Sounds like it would be a gladiator bowl. If you are really keen on the six line I would drop the others and make the six line the focus of the tank. I don't think the tank is big enough for the fish to really be able to have their comfortable territories and mitigate aggression. Plus the 6 line has a reputation for being a hell fish lol

Ok thank you for your reply. I've seen some people keep a maroon clown and a six line. Would I be able to do one maroon clown, a six line and one damsel such as the yellow tail? If i can which would i have to add last? Thank You

I would say no way! The thing about fish compatibility is (a) some people get atypically nice fish that are 95% of the time reported as aggressive by everyone else in the world and (b) Hardly anyone follows up on their poor fish choices to report the poked out eyes and eventual tank evictions. Like I bought my tank used from a guy who kept a yellow tang in it---this tank is too small. I mentioned it was too small and he said no. All of his fish mysteriously died so obviously something was going on there! You have to weigh the risk it goes south with the 6 line

A maroon is a territorial fish and will want that entire aquarium for himself. Your tank isn't big enough for aggressive fish to fight it out peacefully. Clownfish are a type of damsel and won't get along with other damselfish.

The link I sent you earlier (I know long and a pain to read until you get used to the format) has a story of a yellow-tail damsel not getting along with a 6 line

So I say in your size tank ultimately:

Maroon+6 line + damsel: no
Maroon + 6 line: no
6 line + damsel: no

The link suggested long spine cardinal fish or Banggai cardinalfish. Not super colorful but perhaps better tankmates for a 6 line in a 50g

Alternatively have you looked into flasher wrasses? Many beautiful ones that aren't diabolical like the lined wrasses

I am the type to be happy with a lower bio load so I think a single six line (they don't need buddies) in a 50g with some appropriate inverts (ornamental shrimp) and coral would be fun

Back