MTRC Dues for 2011

So are we gonna get electronic copies of our membership cards instead of regular cards that we usually get? Like Bill said, some people DON'T have a printer! Mine wasn't working until I just bought one recently. It just seem like we're going backwards on this.....

Bill, IF we just get electronic copies, e-mail yours to me, I'll print it off and mail it to ya....lol....Minimal ink and a piece of paper isn't gonna kill me. :) Heck I spent hundreds on pet products every month...lol That'll kill me faster...

I think we need to implement microchip implants.

Side note: Economics and hobbyist population won't support multiple LFS, especially in satellite cities...that's why there is usually only one or two "successful" stores in a metro areas, and it's only smart to be somewhat centrally located. And I believe even these stores are struggling with the online competition.

E-mail Cards

E-mail Cards

So are we gonna get electronic copies of our membership cards instead of regular cards that we usually get? Like Bill said, some people DON'T have a printer! Mine wasn't working until I just bought one recently. It just seem like we're going backwards on this.....

Thanks Mikey, I have to aggree with you on going backwards! Thanks for the offer but I have a printer, Just have to kick it to get it working LOL
Bill

Bill, IF we just get electronic copies, e-mail yours to me, I'll print it off and mail it to ya....lol....Minimal ink and a piece of paper isn't gonna kill me. :) Heck I spent hundreds on pet products every month...lol That'll kill me faster...

I didn't know they quit giving 10% off, Seems they had prices like everyone else when i was there. There was deals on some things like salt but overall prices were as usual as far as i was concerned. It's to far from SH anyway to drive to OHicory Actually it to far to drive to the AC but we have no store here yet (Maybe Soon)
Bill

bill you going or know someone that is going to open a store in SH. lol

on ebay yeah i seen some good deals in there i know there fish are cheaper then someplace. also some of those dry goods are from the old loaction and never took the price tag off. a month ago i pick up a big magfloat glass cleaner. petsmart sale them for $21 or more. and the price tag on it was from the old store was $20. scott gave it to me for around $14. and there brightwells product are why cheaper. I dont think driveing 20+miles to save few dollars is worth it. but being that thee overhead drop alote. they can transfer the savings to the customer.

I paid membership dues last week (1/9) - but I've never gotten an email w/ the new electronic membership card? There was no place to put in comments when paying the membership this time that I could see, so I'm not even sure that you all would know thats its me that paid! (my paypal account is under my old business name, and it can not be changed) Just let me know what I need to do. Thanks! :)

Nope - Never got my "electronic" membership card or any email for that matter to confirm payment was received. Still unsure if they know I'm paid up for 2011.

The card will be the same size as the card you recieved now. It wil be the members responsibility to handle it from that point forward. The stored, or at least the critter, recieved an electronic copy of the member list. So if you don't have you card the store had a file with you on it. If it is easier for a member to pay at the swap that is fine. Not going to make anyone pay upfront if they don't want too. Zef has corrrectly stated membership is from Janurary to Janurary does not matter when you paid.

This is a bad idea. Why was this not voted on? Or at least put up for discussion?

Brandon

Sorry guys aboutthat. I'll have to get with Justin and Andy about this. I know notthing how to fix it. And brandon your right we should had the hole club voted on this matter. But was it set for $10 fee.
I think there still setting up for the swap. I'll send them a text about this.
Again sorry.

I have not forgotten about getting cards out but i have been swamped with everything from work to the swap and have not been able to look and see who has paid or not. I will get them out after the swamp.

I haven't recieved a card from when I joined again a few months ago as well. Someone poke me and tell me I need to pay my dues for this year at the swap please:)
thanks, Chris

Sorry guys aboutthat. I'll have to get with Justin and Andy about this. I know notthing how to fix it. And brandon your right we should had the hole club voted on this matter. But was it set for $10 fee.
I think there still setting up for the swap. I'll send them a text about this.
Again sorry.

No need to apologize, Zef. :) I just think it would be good to at MINIMUM let people know why this decision was made (both the cards as well as the $10/year) and bring it up for discussion.

For instance, my concern is that how this is going to affect the club financially. Club membership is not a huge part of our income, the raffle traditionally is, BUT it does count and I think it would be a good idea to explain how this affects things (or not, even) and why this decision was made.

Right now, we just all of a sudden have "Oh, we decided this. Sorry." That's exactly one of the things that was complained about quite vehemently by the club before, and something that most people said they also agreed they didn't want to happen again.

I intend for this to be constructive criticism and I hope its taken that way. :) This is by all means not personal in any way shape or form. Just for what its worth. :)

Brandon

Free Admission to the Swap for the General public, Cost the club way more than lowering the dues to ten dollars. The Money the Club has still has never been sorted out as to what the annual budget should be and what the benefits of being a member should be, Like New Equipment, Lunch at meetings,monthly giveaway's at meetings to get attendance up Etc. And all this is after the money for the swap is put aside along with a rainy day fund for the unknown disaster like a blizzard that cost us the swap money if it is cancelled.
There are no other free swaps that i have attended and the entrance fee will pay for the swap lock stock and barrel if a addmission was charged plus the raffles will just be iceing on the cake JMO
And like Brandon this is just my opinion and all these matters should be voted on in warm weather so i can feel my feet again, Ha!
Bill

Brandon Justin did started a thread about the dues and a budget for the club Couple months back. And after I told member how much money the club has. Some people griped that the club is not here to make a profit. And they don't see any pay back from there dues. That one of the reason we lower dues and the slow economyalso. I feel the club will grow more this way. I could be wrong.

And reason we made the swap for free. Is to bring more people to the swap and again slow economy. I look at this ways more people come to our swap the more big vendor will come. More nice corals to pick from. I was working hard to get CFM to our swap this year. But I couldn't tell them how many people showed up the last two years. We never had a good head count. That's why I pushed for for a door prize. To help keep count and the last two years it was free also. Plus out of all the swaps I've been to this past year 6 in all. Had $20-50 table fee for vendors and 3-$$15 cover charge and they were low attends and the CFM infl was one of the swaps I went too. They only had 250-300 show up with over 20 big name vendors And when I talk to big name vendors some said they wouldn't mind paying $100 a tabler if there was no cover charge. They like to see more heads to them it's more money in there pocket. With the table sale paying for the venue this year and again people saying that the club was not here to started to make a profit.
And billyou was the big griper (is that a word) about the club having a profit. If you come to any meetings we had great raffle prize for free to member and got food for 3 meeting and 2 out 3 no one should up or just few.

Plus I never thought lil less then half of the board would quit on us. And yes this is hard for me with work and side project I do to make a living to do everything that the club wants. I did push for new equipment I did get us a new par meter and was plans to get powerheads pumps and what not. If I can find the thread Justin started we had talk about all this. But I ve been so busy with other things I didn't fellow up on it. For that I apologies.
I think the next board should be someone with alote of free time. To make this club great. Which I think it is already a great club and a great group of people.

Man it's 2 I got to get in bed. We can talk more about this after the swap.

Brandon Justin did started a thread about the dues and a budget for the club Couple months back. And after I told member how much money the club has. Some people griped that the club is not here to make a profit. And they don't see any pay back from there dues. That one of the reason we lower dues and the slow economyalso. I feel the club will grow more this way. I could be wrong.

Although I'm usually on the boards quite a bit, I obviously missed that one. :)

Maybe we could do an email Newsletter once a month to update on these types of things. Like you said earlier, we do have members who are not on the forums.

In the mean time, may the swapping begin! In 20 minutes. :D

Brandon

Back