multiple tangs in a tank, how do yours get along?

Tank 400G mixed reef
7' X 3' tall X 2.5' deep.

Pair of Naso tangs 12" +. They came with the tank and so were the first tangs.

Blue hippo tang 8"
3 Yello tangs 4" added all at the same time.
Purple tang 4"

There was a bit of chasing when I aded the purple but it didn't last long. As for the yellows, they would chase each other but the aggression was spread out between the three. no damage. The blue was just a big baby and hid a lot. The Pair of Naso's didn't care about anybody. The male was 12" plus his streamers. Female was almost 12".

Pics of them can be seen in my build thread. When I bought the tank setup, it had the pair of Naso's, a large Sailfin and a extra large Vlamingi tang.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=630143

Unfortunatly, I lost most of them in a power outage. :(

I have:

1x Convict
1x Yellow
1x Sohal
1x Orange Shoulder
1x Sailfin
1x Nigrofuscus
1x Tenenti
1x Purple

Added more or less in the order above.
Sohal only took exception to the Orange Shoulder for 2/3 days.
Initially had 2 identical convicts, one killed the other.
Nigrofuscus hassles the small Tenentii a bit
Yellow is quite mellow
Purple is very small, took out a big one which almost killed the sailfin when it was first added.

I have a Powder brown in another tank.
Too scared to add it to the reef tank, its a white spot magnet.
Its with a powder blue, they get along just great, its also a WS magnet.

how does the powder brown and blue get along?

Powder brown is quite big and the powder blue quite small.
There was virtually no reaction from the brown when I added the blue.

My personal experience is that big tangs tend to leave small tangs alone that are added later. Obviously dont feel they are a threat.

Sohal 12 inches
purple 7 inches
yellow 7 inches
tomini 6 inches
blue hippo 12 inches
horse shoe 12 inches
achilles 7 inches
sailfin 8 inches

All tolerate eachother, all know there boundaries. No one killed another. Sohal is the boss man. Will chase around other fish, at times at peace, at times in terror. Did not kill anyone, but just bullies them and puts them in their place.

125 gallon tank. Blue hippo (4-5") and sailfin tang (3") adding around the same time. Occassional chasing of the sailfin by the hippo but nothing too serious. The sailfin just gets out of his way.

I've had some luck with the mirror trick. I had a bicolor angel that took way too much interest in a yellow tang I introduced to the tank. I was getting worried I'd have to remove the angel, but remembered about the mirror trick. I put a cheap small mirror on the side of the tank. Worked like a charm his attention focused on the mirror(his reflection) and left the tang alone to settle in. A few days later I took the mirror down and everyone was happy.

2 tangs in a 72gal bowfront
Yellow tang was added first
Kole tang 2nd
They are both the same size (4")
It took a while for them to coexist happily and the Kole took a few months to pull algae from the clip, it would just pick at pieces the other fish had shredded off.
Both get along fine now.

Back