mushrooms

jubjub

are mushrooms photosynthetic(sp?) so basically can they survive off a good lightsource alone? figure i picked one up last nite cause the g/f wanted it...and well i will admit to it looked nice...ha...

oh awesome! i was hopeing not to have to go get some phytoplankton
also is it ok it seems a bit crinked up in the middle...any idea's?

how long before they start to take over? i want to start planning ha..
mushroom1.jpg

That purple discosoma is quite prolific. Isolate the rock away from the others. You will have plenty sooner than you like...ha

It looks good , no feeding neccesary! Dont worry it won't take the tank over that quickly. Mine spread slowly . Depends on your tank and how "happy" it is.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11645674#post11645674 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Whisperer
That purple discosoma is quite prolific. Isolate the rock away from the others. You will have plenty sooner than you like...ha

haha thats my first sort of coral in the tank 16snails, 4hermits, 60lbs of semi live rock and that mushroom....if that zoa counts it came with it, thats about all thats in it :) but thanks guys exactly what i wanted to know wasnt sure if it was to early about 2.5weeks to add one but i figure i would give it a shot

Get an alkalinity test and keep your alk at 8.3-9.3. If it won't raise, or stay raised, check your magnesium and calcium...it's a 3-way balance. Any time your 'shroom is annoyed, it's probably the alk.
You'll do fine. Discosomas are so tough, I had 3 survive the cycle: came in on live rock.

Back