Must-haves for EASY DIY controller?

Is this project still active? The wiki site is down and without it I really have no idea where to start. I was working on my own controller using an Arduino Uno but I quickly ran out of memory. This project looks promising.

Did anyone ever post a final set of base sketches? All the wiki's are down and only a few pieces of the original links still work. The only sketch on the google code site is the test sketch. Terahz, DWZM or Dustin did you guys finish up yours? There was a guy that came on just in the last few pages that seamed to have everything working but he never posted his sketches or even any sections of code ( bd98072 I think it was.). That would have been nice to have seen. Did things get switched to a new design or a different DIY controller thread?

How about a final post so that anyone that came late to the party can figure out what to do or whether to try a different thread? It was an awesome read with tons of information just seams to have missed the goal or everyone forgot to finish things up.

Thanks! Krazie:jester:

Last edited:
Did anyone ever post a final set of base sketches? All the wiki's are down and only a few pieces of the original links still work. The only sketch on the google code site is the test sketch. Terahz, DWZM or Dustin did you guys finish up yours? There was a guy that came on just in the last few pages that seamed to have everything working but he never posted his sketches or even any sections of code ( bd98072 I think it was.). That would have been nice to have seen. Did things get switched to a new design or a different DIY controller thread?

How about a final post so that anyone that came late to the party can figure out what to do or whether to try a different thread? It was an awesome read with tons of information just seams to have missed the goal or everyone forgot to finish things up.

Thanks! Krazie:jester:

I can testify that the hydra works great, been using mine for a few years now without issue. Actually came to this thread to build another one as I have some spare boards leftover and find the site is down.

TeraHz posted a link his working code somewhere in this thread if you dig back a bit. If anyone still has a mirror of the build instructions maybe we could get them rehosted. Otherwise the schematic will have to do. BOMs are a bit out of date, lots of parts need replacements but thats to be expected I suppose.

I followed every link in this thread and I only found a few samples and not a complete set of code. All the code pieces I did find were all for IDE version 0.22. I'm sure I can figure out how to convert it over to 1.0.1 IDE but would prefer to start with a complete code set at least. Maybe Terahz or one of the others that helped start this thread will chime in and post some new links to the missing pieces? :) Krazie:jester:

My firmware is at https://github.com/TeraHz/Hydra and yes, it is pre Arduino 1.0 code. It is likely a very minor update to post 1.0.
This is fairly customized for my LEDs and IR remote so you might have to adjust it accordingly for whatever setup you run. I agree it is unfortunate we lost the wiki. I have not been able to contact DustinB to get the contents moved or the domain renewed.

Back