My 34 gallon Solana TONS OF PICS

ace1204

So i bought this from another member lastnight and set it up today. Please excuse the pics since everything is still ****ed off and settling, i still have to siphon the bottom to make it a true barebottom lol. Frags are def not in final placement but wanted to get them back in a tank before they got really upset lol. Also got a few pics of my Filament Flasher Wrasse i picked up from SWC few days ago, hes been shy past few days but seems to really like this new settup bc ive never seen him out so much. I will be adding some more choice rock once everything settles, also the tank doesnt look level but it actually is the water level looks higher on the left side bc of all the flow from the Tunze.
solana.jpg

solana6tunze.jpg

solana10nem.jpg

solana11leather.jpg

solana12.jpg

solana21wrasse.jpg

solana13hammer.jpg

solana14frags.jpg

solana15zoas.jpg

Nice tank. It looks pretty good as it is, so can't wait to see what you do with it over time.

What other equipment are planning to use (ie skimmer, fuge, etc)

So are you planning to does vodka as well? ;)

lol Thanks for the compliments, no vodka yet, The stock skimmer is actually pretty good already pulling gunk after 4 hours lol but, future upgrades will be a tunze nano skimmer and mystery wrasse and Flame wrasse, already have a fuge in the back with Chaeto and Rock Rubble, Ive got another tunze 6025 i may add but one seems to be plenty for this tank

Thanks for all the comments everyone, it looks so much cleaner a couple of days later im gonna have to snap some more pics to put up, The pico is doing good just a pain to keep up with the water changes there is actually a small lime green mantis in there

Off to a good start, I would move that tunze up to the top of the tank though... Thats pretty close to the nem, wouldn't want him getting sucked up.

Since you are bare bottom, the flow for the tunze should be enough for the tank where you need not worry about the stock return. I would hide the nozzles behind the rockwork and aim them at the bottom and under the rocks to keep waste suspended.

Thanks for the tips, yeah the Nem actually moved himself out of the way now he is hidden in the back behind the rocks :( hopefully he will come out if i direct a little flow his way, but im gonna make sure its on a day that im home so i can watch to make sure he doesnt walk or sting any of my other corals.

Your best bet for the nem would be to arrange the pumps and rockwork how you want. Remove all of the corals you can to the bottom and let him figure out where he wants to go, once he finds a place you should be good to move everything back as long as he stays happy and doesn't go on another walkabout.

Direct flow from the tunze will be too much for him, aim it up and at an opposite corner that should provide a nice random current for everyone.

Back