My 65G Shallow Reef Tank

Tank looks great. I'm in the process of changing my tubes and I may add a actinic in to the mix. I see you have three Angels have you had any problems with aggression. I have a established Lamarck and would like to add a swallowtail and maybe one other.
Thanks Kevin.

Thank you Kevin.

I have a female bellus angel too.

I suggest that you get a female fish. She should be as small as possible, but certainly much smaller than the resident Lamarck's. There will be some chasing initially, but the larger fish should accept the new arrival.

My tank is mixed, I would say 75% SPS and 25% LPS. Thank you for the suggestions. I will try a larger pump on the opposite side of the tank as my rw-8 and see what happens. Thank you again for the advice! and the pictures following the bulb replacement look great!

With careful positioning of LPS corals, your tank should accommodate increased flow. Your SPS corals will be much happier.

Thanks for your comment.

Happy reefing.

Many thanks for the advice.I'll get my lfs to order a small female Swallowtail.

No worries. You should have no issues in getting a small Swallowtail. Getting a small Watanabei is another matter though.

Happy reefing.

I have just taken the following three photos under Actinic & B+:

P1080947_zpsw09zrj5u.jpg

P1080951_zps5dcdwv62.jpg

P1080952_zps5oqqavmg.jpg

Today's nutrient test results are as below:

NO3: 2.5 ppm
PO4: <= 0.046 mg/L

Dosing Regimen (daily):

TM NP-Bacto-Balance: 1.2 ml
TM K+ Elements: 1.3 ml
TM A- Elements: 2.5 ml
KZ Sponge Power: 1 drop

TM Pro-Iodine: 2 drops (per week)

Once again you show why your tank is one of my favorites to view. Rich, vibrant colors!
Your dosing schedule appears very simple, nothing drastic.
I believe Andrew stated that the less we add, the less errors, the easier it is to diagnose.
Your tank seems to capture this idea.
Kudos again. I think I will do some reading up on Bacto Balence.

Tank looks awesome. I just started using sponge power on my zeo converted tank and hope to see and increase in number of those animals. Your setosa is nice--mine looks like a big orange blob and only has one tiny nub of a branch. I've had it for over 5 years and it certainly is doing well, but not like yours...................Jim

Beautiful shots, Bulent.
For a while there you had stopped either the k+ or a- additives- if I remember correctly.
What made you start again?

Brilliant Bulent!
I too agree with tank diversity, I use my overflow as a cryptic fuge, allowing for dead skeletons of coral, frag plugs, and rock rubble to this area. Your photos are amazing, great work mate!
Cheers

Once again you show why your tank is one of my favorites to view. Rich, vibrant colors!
Your dosing schedule appears very simple, nothing drastic.
I believe Andrew stated that the less we add, the less errors, the easier it is to diagnose.
Your tank seems to capture this idea.
Kudos again. I think I will do some reading up on Bacto Balence.

Thanks for your praise Kevin. There is not much available to read on Bacto-Balance in English except this very long thread on a German forum. I can pm you its Google translation link if you want.

Tank looks awesome. I just started using sponge power on my zeo converted tank and hope to see and increase in number of those animals. Your setosa is nice--mine looks like a big orange blob and only has one tiny nub of a branch. I've had it for over 5 years and it certainly is doing well, but not like yours...................Jim

Thanks Jim. In my experience, Setosa grows fairly fast if it is exposed to at least 250 mmol/m2/sec PAR providing that the spectrum is right and water parameters are satisfactory.

Beautiful shots, Bulent.
For a while there you had stopped either the k+ or a- additives- if I remember correctly.
What made you start again?

Thank you Matt. Yes, you remember correctly. I stopped K+ last May when I increased daily bacto balance dose to 92% of the maximum dose. Bacto-balance all contains K+ (ml by ml). I am dosing 50% of the maximum recommended dose in these days, hence restarting K+.

Brilliant Bulent!
I too agree with tank diversity, I use my overflow as a cryptic fuge, allowing for dead skeletons of coral, frag plugs, and rock rubble to this area. Your photos are amazing, great work mate!
Cheers

Thank you Perry. I forgot to mention that I have also lots of sponges in my overflow box. It is difficult to take their photo because of the Aiptasia scrubber.

Cheers

Hi folks,

I would like to share my latest reef tank video with you. I recorded the individual clips on 28th August 2016 and composed them together as a movie using iMovie. My oldest son has given me a crash course on using the functionality of this tool.

Please watch it in HD (1080p) if possible. I hope you like it.

Cheers

Bülent

https://youtu.be/ipr7VE2wyzM

Once again, I am amazed. Five thumbs up is this critics review of this movie.

Consistently, Some of the richest coloration that I have ever seen, month after month.

How many fish do you keep?

Anybody else having problems playing the video? Not available ☹

That's a shame. I wonder if YouTube put a restriction on my video in your country due to its soundtrack.

Once again, I am amazed. Five thumbs up is this critics review of this movie.

Consistently, Some of the richest coloration that I have ever seen, month after month.

How many fish do you keep?

Thank you for your feedback Kevin. I appreciate it.

I keep 15 fish at present. I lost one anthias last month while I was on holiday. She was weak and was having eye infection constantly. I will upload another video in a few days time showing my fish during feeding.

Unavailable for me, as well.. But I'm trying from my phone. This happens to me a lot. I'll try from my computer later tonight.

Back