My 65G Shallow Reef Tank

Hi folks,

I have seen this coral for sale and am considering buying it. What is your opinion on it? Would it have green polyps once established? The green colour is the last thing I want at the moment.

Cheers

Last edited:
Such a beautiful turquoise. If it stayed that colour, it would be spectacular.
Will it keep that colour? My gut says no.
Is it actually that colour at the moment? How much do you trust this website's photos?
I have no experience with kimbeensis, however.
Really hard to tell if it will lighten to more green or darken to more blue..
I suspect it will darken a bit.

Such a beautiful turquoise. If it stayed that colour, it would be spectacular.
Will it keep that colour? My gut says no.
Is it actually that colour at the moment? How much do you trust this website's photos?
I have no experience with kimbeensis, however.
Really hard to tell if it will lighten to more green or darken to more blue..
I suspect it will darken a bit.

This is the only online seller I have ever used since I started reefkeeping eight years go except buying a single green Montipora digitata frag from a guy on Ebay :lolspin:. The seller is very reliable, but never shares photos of mother colonies. I will ask him again. Thanks Matt.

My horrida has sections that are that color but you can't see it for the giant polyps. :lmao:

la la la lalalalala la

Sorry, was watching the video with the new soundtrack. Beautiful, so glad things are still going well.

<iframe width="800" height="500" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/28m44NdrVdU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My horrida has sections that are that color but you can't see it for the giant polyps. :lmao:

la la la lalalalala la

Sorry, was watching the video with the new soundtrack. Beautiful, so glad things are still going well.

;)

Thanks Mark. I am glad you liked the video and its soundtrack.

Wowsers Bulent! :inlove: :inlove:
Tank is looking absolutely stunning mate! Good work!

Thank you Scotty. My tube combination is exactly the same as yours. :wave:

While watching your latest video, seeing the beautiful coral, and listening to the tranquil music selected; one realizes that life is alright. This should be required viewing at the U.N. General Assembly.

Compliments as always.

While watching your latest video, seeing the beautiful coral, and listening to the tranquil music selected; one realizes that life is alright. This should be required viewing at the U.N. General Assembly.

Compliments as always.

Loved the video! Your corals are looking beautiful. I really like your group of anthias as well.

I appreciate your feedback guys. The comment about the U.N General Assembly has made me chuckle.

My anthias are good, but some of them seem to be getting (or prone to) the pop eye condition. I don't know whether this is due to physical injury or bacterial infection. I lost one of them because of this. Another one has lost one of its eyes. :mad:

This must be the biggest bubble algae I have ever photographed.

IMG_1911_zpsolsniule.jpg

Hey Bulent, did you ever find something to clean your sump detritus? I saw in your TOTM article that that was something you were interested in, I've been using an EHEIM Quick Vac Pro to help stay on top of detritus in my sump and it's been working well for me. I don't have long term experience with it though, I bought mine back in may I think, but so far it hasn't died on me. :D

Hey Bulent, did you ever find something to clean your sump detritus? I saw in your TOTM article that that was something you were interested in, I've been using an EHEIM Quick Vac Pro to help stay on top of detritus in my sump and it's been working well for me. I don't have long term experience with it though, I bought mine back in may I think, but so far it hasn't died on me. :D

Hi Josh,

I thought about buying one of these, but never got round doing so. There is always something more urgent to buy:

http://www.shopvacuk.com/vacuum-cleaners/?CatID=11

Back