My BEST hitchhiker is an OCTOPUS!

Hows the tank look 2 years later? I would like to see a update and the amount of SPS you restarted with was amazing and the growth looked terrific a year later. I can only imagine how great it is now.

I knew what this thread was instantly and that someone had bumped it from a while ago. where as I dont post much I definitely lurk tons and only had to read the first sentence of the first post to realize that this was one of the most awesome as well as shi*tiest threads Ive ever read. I still havnt reread through it but I think I might. I hope your still in the hobby and things are going well. an update would be nice but not required, you've shared enough already.

Wow that would be an awesome hitchhiker !
After the incident, what a better way to upgrade ! Full starphire nice man !
Glad it came together so nicely !

probably out of the hobby or at least not interested

Last Post: 06/21/2008 05:09 PM
My BEST hitchhiker is an OCTOPUS!

Ok I have now read all 13 pages of this awesome/sad thread. First of all that is an awesome hitchhiker. Second of all my wife would now like to kill you because I am planning another tank for an octo now. I am very glad that you have restarted and it looks great by the way. Lastly after reading all the pages I am amazed at how many people read the first page and then go to the end and post about how beautiful the octo is and how they want you to send it to them. I wish everyone would take the time to read all 13 pages. Mods should add a line to the title that tells posters to read the entire thread before posting about the octo. Thanks again for all the great reading it kept my days at work entertaining.

Thank you everyone and I apologize for the lack of respond. I've been busy for a while on a new install of an inground fiberglass saltwater swimming pool and spa. :rollface:
Just to update everyone on my 270g SPS dominant upgrade. It now surpassed the second year, last winter I discovered an infestation of AEFW. My tank was full of SPS and have growned over the liverocks and some to each other that it was way to much work for me to take them all out for medication. I had over 50 different species and lost about 80%. The route I took was to add Wrasses that will hopefully take care of the pest. It was pretty painfull to see all the skeletals I was pulling out, and with all the disturbance it went through a new cycle again. Currently the tank is stabilized, i don't plan to add any SPS anytime soon, I felt like i've been cursed. I'm glad everyone liked the Octopus, they are definitely a fun pet to have and if you plan to have one be sure to do your research first before you purchase. They're for an experienced reefer.

Happy Reefing!
BP

wow

wow

wow that's nice looking , and you have him in your reef tank so cool. My blue ring octo just died yesterday. he went up a small power head. I have not read this thread yet but he co exist with corals and everything else ? Is he poisonous? I got to get one. My blue ring was very peacefull , I got mine unexpectedly in a shipment. . anyway nice octo you are the man.

Crabbypatty, you probably missed the part when my old 180g tank crashed accidentally. I don't have that Octo anymore, unfortunately. I don't think mine was poisonous and thank you for your kind words.

I havent been reading things here for about six months and it was like seeing a familiar face when I saw this thread. I remember reading the whole thing which took along time and the ending-its like a crazy novel you cant put down and then your ****ed when you reach the end. Glad your still in the hobby.

You should teach him to eat out of a closed jar. Make him open it on his own and give friends and family a show when they come over!!

Im so jelous of your amazing HH octo!!

EDIT: WOW... i just read the last few posts... im sorry for the loss...

Back