My BEST hitchhiker is an OCTOPUS!

Very interesting thread. Seen you haven't been on for a while but hopefully you come back and give an update. I was a little depressed when you said you were selling the 180, then I saw your 270 and was happy.

Thank you everyone and I apologize for the lack of respond. I've been busy for a while on a new install of an inground fiberglass saltwater swimming pool and spa. :rollface:

Is this your upgrade to the 270?

i'm truly impressed

i'm truly impressed

this thread is never ending and I just loved reading it..at least the first 12 pages...you my friend is a trooper and an inspiration..[profanity].but seriously i was looking for octopus in captivity and came acroos your thread...and holy cow man its like watching a tv show....my eyez almost teared when i saw what happened to your tank!! I wish you all the best....

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, someone needs to sticky a link to your 270 so we can see your continuing exploits!!! great pics of the octopus btw, sorry that tank crashed!

I love it when this thread is brought back from the depths. I wonder if it made thread of all time or something? RC should try to contact this guy. Oh and Yousefhamed,

[welcome]

I like this thread. Any update on how it's doing now?

Sorry for your loss that happened about 8 years ago.

Wow this story inspires me to take every precaution with my reef tank and hope something as tragic as your crash doesn't happen to me, I'm glad to see you have restarted best of luck!

Murphy's law says that anything that can go wrong will go wrong! Just read this incredible story. With advances in science and cloud technology, hopefully one day we will be able to remotely monitor and control the reef tank system more economically and efficiently. Till then we can just be extra cautious. I am lucky to have a LFS within 1 mile of me. I may utilize them to baby sit my tank if I ever am on vacation.

This is a neat thread.
Definitely shows the power of perseverance.

Hopefully Buddy Pine will post again sometime soon and let us know how things are going.

Wow, I was devastated at the crash. Always that bit of equipment... Mine was the ATO top off tube falling into the tank and crashing it. Hope he replies.

Back