My BEST hitchhiker is an OCTOPUS!

Murphy's law says that anything that can go wrong will go wrong! Just read this incredible story. With advances in science and cloud technology, hopefully one day we will be able to remotely monitor and control the reef tank system more economically and efficiently. Till then we can just be extra cautious. I am lucky to have a LFS within 1 mile of me. I may utilize them to baby sit my tank if I ever am on vacation.

Video cameras and an apex my friend, video cameras and an apex...

Unless the octo was somehow immortal, it would be dead by now... check the dates people! Pygmy octos only live 6 months to a year.

I never expected this to happen to me in my entire life. What a shocker! After picking up a few corals from my local Reef Stores, I was watching my tank one early morning when suddenly I saw something unusual moving besides the new coral i've just bought. I had to rub my eyes exactly what it is, when it moved and saw the tentacles it just freaked me right out! What an AMAZING hitchhiker!. Luckily my camera was handy and took some photos. I was told that it's from Indo Pacific and a Pigmy Octopus species. If anyone knows exactly what it is please let me know, thanks in advance.

These photos was the first day I found him in my tank, April 19, 2006 (night shots).
Octopus5.gif

Octopus2.gif

Octopus4.gif

Octo9.gif

Octo7.gif

Octo13.gif
I seriously come here every seven years
I never expected this to happen to me in my entire life. What a shocker! After picking up a few corals from my local Reef Stores, I was watching my tank one early morning when suddenly I saw something unusual moving besides the new coral i've just bought. I had to rub my eyes exactly what it is, when it moved and saw the tentacles it just freaked me right out! What an AMAZING hitchhiker!. Luckily my camera was handy and took some photos. I was told that it's from Indo Pacific and a Pigmy Octopus species. If anyone knows exactly what it is please let me know, thanks in advance.

These photos was the first day I found him in my tank, April 19, 2006 (night shots).
Octopus5.gif

Octopus2.gif

Octopus4.gif

Octo9.gif

Octo7.gif

Octo13.gif
I come here every 5-6 years just to resurrect this post.

What a great find! I’m really shocked that it didn’t find its way out of the tank and on the floor within the first few days.

Back