My clownfish fry at 7 weeks

Lifes A Beach

Premium Member
Update: Here are some pictures of my fry on Day 48. They are eating anything I give them, but primarily they are getting Otohime daily. No losses.

Since this hatch, my pair have spawned every 10-11 days and each hatch is better and better. I estimate that I now have about 350 fry spaced 10-11 days apart. In addition, I just had another hatch on Monday night and there have been zero losses! It's been a learning experience along the way, and as someone else said in their post, I think I've finally figured it out (at least for now)!

My pair spawned again last night and the eggs look very healthy. Should be another really good hatch!

Here ia a pic of my temporary setup. I'm setting up a new growout system to make room for all the new additions.

--Barbara

IMG_7681a.jpg

IMG_7678a.jpg

IMG_7682.jpg

They look vibrant and healthy, great photos and work Barb. Are you having any trouble finding LFS to take them?

very cool. and great pics! how do you get your mated pair? there maroons right?

hey the more info you can give it will be appreciated. How are the broodstock tank set up? is it only one pair? How long did it h=take for them to boogy? CAn you take some pics of the broods set up?
I'm starting to get impatient with mine. Its been 2 1/2 months.

Great job Prideprops. They look awesome.

"I'm starting to get impatient with mine. Its been 2 1/2 months."

Your kidding right 2 1/2 months and your impatient? :) Mine were a year before they spawned.

The eggs from this last spawn hatched last night. Got a 100% hatch and no fatalities. I estimate there's 175 to 200 fry from this batch. My last hatch 11 days ago was similar and I've only lost 3 fry from that batch. That batch is going through meta right now and are on bbs. I'm running out of tanks!!

--Barbara

Just an update that everything is going great! My recent hatches have been 98% successful and the fry are making it past 5 days with very few losses. I'm having to plan for expansion with so many tanks going now.

--Barbara

Awesome ! :thumbsup: . Can you explain you rotifer jars on the side and in the front of your tank rack ?

rotifer setup

rotifer setup

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12462508#post12462508 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by agsansoo
Awesome ! :thumbsup: . Can you explain you rotifer jars on the side and in the front of your tank rack ?

I presently have 4 half-gallon jars set up for rotifers. I'm doing a little bit of experimenting with water changes, harvesting amounts, and cleanings to see what is the best method for production. They provide plenty of rotifers for my hatches. I have a slow amount of air coming into the jars, just enough to barely circulate the water.

The side "jar" is actually a small circular container that I'm also experimenting with for my hatches. As you can see, it has the blackout "curtain" on it and contains about 150 newly hatched fry.

--Barbara

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12502070#post12502070 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ReidiLoverLinds
Looking good!! Now everyone is asking you how to set up!

Yep, getting lots of pm's for advice. But, again, that's how I learned, especially from your helpful advice. Thank you!

--Barbara

Back