My First Post on RC

I can vouch for Phil he is keeping all the LFS's healthy:) and he knows nothing about computers, just taught him how to post.

Waaaaaazup phil. Welcome to Rc bro. See ya at my house in a bit. Hurry up I need my beauty sleep.

Sent from my Dummb Fone!

I think your the railroad guy :thumbsup: I am lame on the computer also:hmm5: I want to learn to post picks on reef central, maybe someone can teach me! you will find this place very informative and helpful. You can find great deals on stuff everyday
Danny

pciscott helped me figure out how to set things up and now I can get some help growing coral!

Welcome to RC. :thumbsup:

... I am lame on the computer also:hmm5: I want to learn to post picks on reef central, maybe someone can teach me! Danny

There are a few ways to add a picture to a post. Here are two:
Photobucket, and attaching a picture to your post using RC attachment. I prefer photobucket.

Attaching a picture:
When you a creating a post/reply, look towards the bottom of the screen in the "Additional Options" section and click "Manage Attachments". A pop-up window will appear with some options. Choose what picture you want to upload by clicking the "Browse" button, then select your picture. Click the "Upload" button and your good to go. The problem with this way, is the pictures show up as thumbnails. So, people will have to click on your picture to see them/enlarge them.

PhotoBucket:

Here is the photobucket website: http://photobucket.com/

1. Setup an account with Photobucket if you do not currently have one. http://register.photobucket.com/

2. Sign into your account. You will verify your account via your email you registered with first.

3. Create an album. This is optional, but if you do not group certain photos into an album, it can get difficult to keep track of a multitude of pictures. (i.e. You can create an album called "28 Gallon Nano Reef" to keep track of photos for that particular thing, while creating one called "Vacation 2010" to keep things organized.

To create an album:

a)Click on the "Upload to: your photobucket name" dropdown at the top of photobucket.
b)Then click on "New Album" and only check the "add as an album to" box if you are wanting to add an album to another album. Like adding a "12-2010" album under the Nano Reef album to keep track of when photos were taken.
c)You then need to choose between Public or Private. If you are sharing to forums, you need to choose "Public."
d)Now simply select "Add Album."

4. Choose the album you want to upload to. Toward the top of the screen you will see "Upload to: album name" that you can click and select from the list of albums you created.

5. Select the photos to upload. Click the "Upload Images and Video" button. A select box will pop up for you to browse your pc to the location of your pictures on the hard drive or sd card. You can select multiple pictures at one time by holding down the "Ctrl" button while clicking each photo in a particular folder. After making the selection press "Open" and it will start uploading your pictures.

6. Add titles, Description, and Tags. After all your selected photos have uploaded, you will be given a screen to add title and description details to each photo. It isn't necessary, but it could help you remember about the subject you photographed. After you are done entering details just click "Save." It will then take you to the photos you uploaded in the chosen album.

7. Post your photo on Reef Central or other forum.
a)When you hold your mouse pointer over the picture you want to post, a list shows up below it. (depends on your photobucket preferences)
b)Click on the "Image Code" section and it will automatically select the whole line of code.
c)Now press and hold the "Ctrl" key while pressing the "C" key on the keyboard. This does a copy.
d)Then start a new post or reply on the forum
e)Now press "Ctrl" and "V" keys on the keyboard to paste the code. It will start with

f)When you finish the post and save it, it will then show the photo instead of the code.

8. Good Luck

Thanks for all the info Enjoy! I too was wondering about "how to attatch photos" to my posts. I think I'll give it a try! Appreciate it!

Great name for you. I hope you have not killed anything you got from me on Sunday? I always have a back up for you. Welcome. Now post some pictures of the tank of death. LOL

Are you phil from the fresh prince of bel aire? The fat ugly guy? Lol j/k

Wassup phil hope your working on those nitrates.

Finally Phil... :wave:

Hows that tang doing? Yes part of the initiation on reefcentral is to post pics of your setup.

Back