My Neptune Apex web interface compatible DIY reef controller

No it just does not do anything, but I just can't make the dosser run reliably, I think because they are new the starting current is a little to high for the transistor. If i run them 30 seconds on another source and them attach them they will run but when the cool off they won't and the transistor gets very hot.

Attachments

• SAM_0300.jpg
    SAM_0300.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 1
d0ughb0y do you still use the chauvet or have you moved on past that? I haven't been keeping up with this build and it seems like there has been all kinds of things happing here

Rott, if you check a few pages back he has designed a new controller board. It includes a wifi board and has integrated most of the functions into I nice compact package. It is based on the teensy 3.2 developer board and it looks like he will have to preload the software. It looks like a nice step forward I hope Jerry will make these available to us.

Bill

I have been lurking for a bit and following this thread for almost a year but finally started building mine over the past couple months. Jerry, great work on this and I cannot thank you enough for making so much of your design & code open-source. This is really an impressive project and everything is very polished. And I'm incredibly excited to see how the 2.0 version turns out once you're happy with the design and coding. It looks like an incredible evolution of the original project!

One place I'm still getting hung up on is the atlas EZO ph stamp. It seems the issue I'm having is similar to what cjmdh saw -- mine wouldn't initialize in the controller code yet I was able to use the Atlas test code to send responses to it and change modes/etc. I confirmed that serial1 was the ph stamp in the config file and serial1 worked fine using the atlas test code, but when I loaded up the controller project it wouldn't initialize/find the stamp.
However, I switched the stamp into I2C mode and hooked it into SCL/SDA and it works like a charm. I'm rusty with my C/C++ so I may have overlooked something obvious in my config file... Wondering if I2C is the way to go for these stamps now or if there's a trick to making it work over serial.

Thanks!
Matt

Good evening. Watching with interest this topic. I would like to ask if it's possible use Arduino due. Thank you for answer

Matt, it's hard to tell why serial is not working in controller code but works in test code. Does the ph stamp led blink during initialization? Check to make sure it is configured correctly. in theory, serial would be better as the connection is dedicated, while i2c is shared with rtc and lcd. But if it works in i2c, then just stay with it.

juli8, the code has avr chip specific code so it won't work on due. even the v2 code is for mk20 based arm processor and won't work with due.

I have not done any further work on this the past few weeks as I have been working on the dc motor controller project.

one of my peristaltic pump stopped working. It lasted 3 whole years. I am getting a replacement. 3 years ago I paid $14 each, now I can get it for $6.50. I will put a cover around the pump case (maybe static plastic wrap) to protect it from occasional salt water splash. The part of the pump shaft that is exposed is rusted.

Yep, I get LEDs blinking on both stamps in the correct start-up sequence during & before initialization but then init fails when in serial mode. Once I wire them up in I2C it works fine (after switching stamp over to I2C mode too). I figured that serial would be better since better bandwidth across each stamp but it doesn't look bogged down so maybe I'll just leave it in I2C...

Have a question for you about the circuit you built to control your powerheads... have looked through your builds but not able to find one and I haven't had success tinkering or searching elsewhere.

I'm wiring the PWM pump 0 plug on ardiuno to pwm wire on powerhead, then hooking in the powerhead's 24v psu to the + / - wires for the powerhead. Have a wire from PSU ground to ardiuno ground to give common ground. But powerhead doesn't spin, looks like it moves a fraction of an inch and then moves back.

Did you wire your circuit differently or is there something I'm missing? I'm running a PP-4 powerhead (it's the new version of rw-4). Thinking maybe the issue is that it may use a similar proprietary signal to the new jebao pumps that you've been working on?

the wiring is exactly as you described. only the crossflow pump uses the bldc motor controller, the pp-4 should be straight pwm control. make sure the connections are correct (for 24v, pwm and gnd). The pump takes 5v pwm signal.

update. the board I was testing last year got damaged. not sure how, but the teensy board is running hot (like something is shorted) but I did not find any shorted pins. Since the teensy is soldered to the pcb board, I am unable to salvage it so I had to assemble a new board. This time I used a socket to hold the teensy and the esp8266. I ran into some issues, but discovered that was due to using the older teensy 3.1, which had a hardware issue if pin33 is used. I have one more teensy 3.2 that I will try next.

As I live in Europe at -1h CGT I change in config.h setting and on main web page hour and date is shown correct.
For example now 06-24-2014 14:44:00
Still when I change one outlet setting and then check in Outlet log I see all log entries are made for past time so in outlet log I see 06/24/2014 5:44:00 ?

Where and how to change also this to be accurate and sync to current time?

It takes time but finnaly I found where and what I had to change to get EU style date and time :)

in Index.htm file in Index.gz
line around line number 1495 where is:

var ts=checkTime(td.getMonth()+1)+'-'+checkTime(td.getDate())+'-'+td.getFullYear()+' '+checkTime(td.getHours())+':'+checkTime(td.getMinutes())+':'+checkTime(td.getSeconds());

should be changed to:

var ts=checkTime(td.getDate())+'-'+checkTime(td.getMonth()+1)+'-'+td.getFullYear()+' '+checkTime(td.getHours())+':'+checkTime(td.getMinutes())+':'+checkTime(td.getSeconds());

Then on footer date and time is shown in format daymonth-month-year hh:mm:ss

So for today 16-01-2017 21:33:30 instead of 01-16-2017 21:33:30

small change but maybe some other will find this useful ! :spin3:

Issues with web site

Issues with web site

I finally got everything up and running but every time I try to go to any tab in the site I get unable to connect to apex. Any thoughts or help would be great.

I finally got everything up and running but every time I try to go to any tab in the site I get unable to connect to apex. Any thoughts or help would be great.

You got this error when you work from computer connected to cable local network?
Sometimes you will get this error if connection from your device (mobile, tablet or laptop on wifi) is weak, slow and not strong.

From computer connected with cable to same local network should work normally also with local house wifi if you are in good range place.
But when you are far away from your Wifi AP then signal is weak and those errors start.

You got this error when you work from computer connected to cable local network?
Sometimes you will get this error if connection from your device (mobile, tablet or laptop on wifi) is weak, slow and not strong.

From computer connected with cable to same local network should work normally also with local house wifi if you are in good range place.
But when you are far away from your Wifi AP then signal is weak and those errors start.

I figured out the issue my ad card was corrupt. A new one came in today and now it finally works. But for some reason my temp probe doesn't read correctly it just displays 185. I manually tested it with the onewire ds18B20 example and it reads correctly. Do I have to specify the address in the config.h file?

Ok so I specified the address for the temp sensor and now it just reads 0. So I went back to the onewire example and it reads fine. I can't figure out what is going on?

Back