My Neptune Apex web interface compatible DIY reef controller

0cool you could d/l the sketch or one of the many others that are freely posted and look at the code and a most people don't mind if you borrow some just give a line saying where you got it from or ask if its cool with them

Rott,
Right away i have a physical interference with the network board and that's depressing. Multiple other projects now but I'll get back to it soon.

can you describe the interference?
and how you determined it to be the network board?

Jerry I mean that somehow the board was shifted in my model. My mistake and I will just need to grind it a little. I can suggest to you though that any I/O that can be grouped in a header like the sonar, use pins to the inboard side if the double row. I'll provide an example later.

ah ok, physical interference.

let me know of any pin reassignment you think will help.
note that some pins may not be reassigned, since it may require one that is driven by pwm, one that is capable of hardware interrupt (sonar for instance), etc. I can tell you once you provide the list.

0cool you could d/l the sketch or one of the many others that are freely posted and look at the code and a most people don't mind if you borrow some just give a line saying where you got it from or ask if its cool with them

I have the code working I was just mainly trying to find where the setpoints were. (utils it turns out) If you know were I can download other peoples configuration of this code for comparison please let me know.

I'm trying to set the outlets to turn my T5 lights on 12pm and off at 9pm. It appears that the timing for the outlets run on a cycle. How do I force the cycle to be 24hours so I can have the lights come on and run a less then a 12 hr photoperiod? Everything I try generates errors.

doughboy, you are a mastermind genius, I ran across this thread last night and thought I'd start trying to build me a controller like this, I finally got all the library stuff in the correct orientation (I hope) and it looks as though I'm almost ready to load the sketch, here's the only issue it has now that I can't figure out how to fix, what did I do wrong here ? :)

Arduino: 1.5.6-r2 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

In file included from Chauvet16.ino:13:
C:\Users\Willies-PC\Documents\Chauvet16-master\libraries\Time/Time.h:80: error: expected unqualified-id before '/' token
Network.ino: In function 'void logNetworkAccess(TinyWebServer&)':
Network:425: error: 'class EthernetClient' has no member named 'getRemoteIP'

I don't have any of the hardware for this other than an extra Mega2560 so I'm a longs way away yet but if I can get the code all sorted, the rest should be easier :)

I'm running a Jarduino and love it but I can't figure out how to incorporate the Jebao WP wave function :)

OK I hadn't noticed all the extra steps to changing some of the files for the ethernet files so I did that and it's a bit closer now here's the only issue I have now...looks like a problem in the Time file but I'm lost now LOL any ideas ?

Arduino: 1.5.6-r2 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

In file included from Chauvet16.ino:20:
C:\Users\Willies-PC\Documents\Chauvet16-master\libraries\Time/Time.h:80: error: expected unqualified-id before '/' token

OK, finally figured out my last issue, when editing the time.h and time.ccp files, I got them backwards LOL had to reload that library but I got it to compile now...I'm sure though that once I have all the hardware connected, it's gonna be fun :)

doughboy, have you tried the newer DS3231 RTC with your design ?

it's supposed to be a lot more accurate and it will run on the Jarduino with the DS1307 library, I suppose it will work with yours as well

accuracy is not an issue because the RTC used in the controller is synced to NTP server every 5 minutes.

It should not be too hard to modify the code to use the ds1307 if you want.

I have the code working I was just mainly trying to find where the setpoints were. (utils it turns out) If you know were I can download other peoples configuration of this code for comparison please let me know.

I'm trying to set the outlets to turn my T5 lights on 12pm and off at 9pm. It appears that the timing for the outlets run on a cycle. How do I force the cycle to be 24hours so I can have the lights come on and run a less then a 12 hr photoperiod? Everything I try generates errors.

you define the schedule in config.h

you are correct on the cycle. In your example, your cycle time is 24 hours. It is split into 3 parts, initial off, on, then off time, all in seconds.
cycle always starts at midnight.
your initial off time is 12 hours or 43200 seconds
on time is 9 hours or 32400 seconds
off time is 3 hours or 10800 seconds
if you add the 3 intervals, the total is 86400 seconds which is 24 hours.

I use cycles because it allows very fast schedule calculation to determine if the state is ON or OFF based on the current time (seconds since midnight). If your cycle time is less than 24 hours, it must be a multiple of 24 hours, say you want to do something 4 times a day, your cycle time is 6 hours. From the current time (seconds since midnight), I take the modulo of the cycle time, then determine on which interval the value falls (whether it is ON or OFF).

d0ughb0y you are seriously awesome and that's the one thing I didn't think of. I was trying to get it to work off of time alarms... not very successfully. Looks like I'm ready to rock and role after I put a final order into mouser!

#define OUTLETSDEFAULT {{OUTLET1,0,SECS_PER_DAY,0,0xff,_auto},\

let me see if I have this figured out...above is the part of the code that has to be altered to set the on/off times...so say I want my outlet to come on at 7am and off at 9pm, I would change the code to read like below

#define OUTLETSDEFAULT {{OUTLET1,25200,SECS_PER_DAY,50400,10800xff,_auto},\

there's 25200 second from midnight til 7am, that's the initial off time, then on for 14 hours which equals 50400 seconds, then off the remaining seconds from 86400, which is the 24 hour cycle in seconds...did I figure that correctly ?

Hello Jerry, do Willie (redtop03) have the define OUTLETSDEFAULT right I would like to no about the 10800xff, is that right

One more question if you have a outlet to come on say at 6:30 pm and go off at 10:30 am, how would you put it. Would it be {OUTLET1,66600,23400,37800,0xff,_auto},\

Or should it be like this {OUTLET1,25200,50400,10800,0xff,_auto},\ Thanks
William

that actually looks better LOL I'm still a bit confused with it too...

my numbers are correct but my placement was my issue...I've always been great with math, with computers, not so much LOL

One more question if you have a outlet to come on say at 6:30 pm and go off at 10:30 am, how would you put it. Would it be {OUTLET1,66600,23400,37800,0xff,_auto},\

I think you would need to change the function of the relay on that channel to be normally closed instead of normally open to reverse it's function, at least for me, that would be easier than trying to redo the function of the code, but you'd have to think in reverse when altering the set point numbers :)

Back