My Neptune Apex web interface compatible DIY reef controller

just an update.

pwm fan code almost complete. only the alarm part is not done.
I fixed the atlas sensor code some more. conductivity calibration now gets EC values.
I still need to change EC calibration to do 2 point calibration + dry calibration.

I think this should all be done by this weekend, then on to LED.

Go Giants! one more to go.

just an update.

pwm fan code almost complete. only the alarm part is not done.
I fixed the atlas sensor code some more. conductivity calibration now gets EC values.
I still need to change EC calibration to do 2 point calibration + dry calibration.

I think this should all be done by this weekend, then on to LED.

Go Giants! one more to go.

Are you going to use the I2C for the atlas stamps with this fix

I don't think I will have I2c code ready for atlas sensor. There is a lot more coding than I initially thought. It may take another week or so.

I don't think temp compensation makes much difference. it still follows the graph of temp. There is only a minor difference is value with temp compensation. I'll just make it optional.

98x8lg2.jpg

screenshot of fan display. I don't have the third fan hooked up, so rpm reads 0. Temp currently too low to turn on the fan, so I turned it on manually, then temp dropped. this is on my breadboard test setup.

4XxH4RR.jpg

Last edited:
demo video :)

http://youtu.be/DwWnl3bREww

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/DwWnl3bREww?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0&controls=0&showinfo=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/DwWnl3bREww?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0&controls=0&showinfo=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Last edited:
I'm going to run the code till tomorrow to make sure there are no problems before I upload to github. I had to fix a minor incompatibility problem with android browser.

I also updated doser code to support 4 dosers.
I did not update the atlas sensor calibration code and will just do that when I work on the I2C code.
I think the atlas ezo stamp initialization is now stable. The first read actually takes 5 seconds to return.

This is the pwm fan setup page. The Temp and Duty Cycle range is the ramp up setting. When temp is >= low value of temp range, fan will start at low value of duty cycle, then ramp up to max duty cycle when temp >= high temp value. The max duty cycle does not have to be 100%. The min duty cycle is 30%, as the computer fans spec requires it to spin at 30% even if pwm signal is 0.

dwUFLl1.png

Last edited:
I just updated github with the latest code.
schematic diagram also updated.

If you have a working setup, save a copy of your code so you can revert back to it if needed, as this update contains major changes that may not be compatible with the previous version.

I just updated github with the latest code.
schematic diagram also updated.

If you have a working setup, save a copy of your code so you can revert back to it if needed, as this update contains major changes that may not be compatible with the previous version.

I just downloaded you new sketch and in the last version I added this code
Code:
void checkCalRX(){
if (getAtlasAvg(phdata[1])>= conf.carxhigh && conf.outletRec[CalXOut].mode==_auto) {
    _outletOn(CalXOut);
  }
if (getAtlasAvg(phdata[1])<= conf.carxlow && conf.outletRec[CalXOut].mode==_auto) {
    _outletOff(CalXOut);
  }
}
to control my calcium reactor and it work perfect. I added to the new code and I get this

Outlets.ino: In function 'void checkCalRX()':
Outlets:337: error: 'phdata' was not declared in this scope
Outlets:340: error: 'phdata' was not declared in this scope

Thanks

Doughboy,

Nice job.

Do you think this is the controller hardware now in a final state, if so I will ipdate my eagle files, and get a pcb or 3 on order.

Thanks for the good work.

M

I have configured 4 dosers, with their defines.

All four appear in the dosers section, in the config section only the first 2 show.

M

I have configured 4 dosers, with their defines.

All four appear in the dosers section, in the config section only the first 2 show.

M

I just fixed this and updated github. sorry about that.

regarding designing your board, best if you make it so connections are configurable in case something change.

Back