My Neptune Apex web interface compatible DIY reef controller

soldered connectors to the pwm board.
I like right angle servo connectors. got them for $1 for each 40x3. I think adafruit should include the right angle instead of the straight ones then sell the right angle ones for $2.95..

I don't have a final code design yet, as led code is a bit more complex.

ZF0oy3k.jpg

Last edited:
d0ughb0y having problem with the I2C cond, if I change it to serial I can get it to work, but when I set it to I2C nothing and if I comment it out everything works, I'm using 2 pH, 1 Orp and the cond on I2C.

I like the way they allow you to switch mode by shorting PRB and TX pins.
One of the reasons I now just leave the LED light on is so I can tell what mode the stamp is in.

I can now really get back to working on this with world series now over, what a great series with an sf giants win.

I like the way they allow you to switch mode by shorting PRB and TX pins.
One of the reasons I now just leave the LED light on is so I can tell what mode the stamp is in.

I can now really get back to working on this with world series now over, what a great series with an sf giants win.

Added a momentary switch switch to the PRB and TX to short when needed.

I think there is a problem with the Orp circuit, with atlas beta I get the right readings and with the circuit here I get random numbers. If I go to Controller Setup and Sensors in Orp in the Sensor Reading I'm getting the correct reading and then it add other numbers to the correct reading back and forth.

Congratulations on the Giants win of the World Series

If I go to Controller Setup and Sensors in Orp in the Sensor Reading I'm getting the correct reading and then it add other numbers to the correct reading back and forth.

is the reading shown in the main page correct? The main page always shows the running average value.

in the sensors setup page, the value there is the actual latest reading value (not the running average).
I noticed I am getting alternating 0 and 7 reading on my ph sensor, but I was thinking it may be due to bad ph probe.
I checked the code and don't see anything obvious that can result in incorrect value.

If you give me an example reading values, maybe I can figure out what is going on.

You don't mean the orp and ph numbers are getting mixed up right?
I have not tested multiple serial atlas stamps yet, I can test it on ph once I get my replacement ph probe.

or do you mean the value displayed in sensor setup page is showing alternating orp value and ph value? I can see this is possible due to certain timing of execution of the javascript in the web page.

ok, I just checked on my setup why I am getting 0 ph reading, and that is due to the stamp response of "check probe". So my suspicion of my 0 ph reading is due to bad probe is correct. Try running your orp probe on a serial program and send the c command or a series of r commands to see if you consistently get the correct reading.

Last edited:
d0ughb0y, This is now the 3rd time during my build that I am switching controllers lol. Yours has absolutely everything I need from one and your Web access looks brilliant so thank you for sharing what you have done.

Now to the questions lol, I had already built my atlas circuit around a multiplexer chip mc74hc4052n. Will this work with your code using one set of tx/rx or will I need to take that off?
Also, can you use it remotely or do you need to be on the same network as the controller?

Thanks again, I can't wait to upload the code and try it out :)

is the reading shown in the main page correct?

No it can be different readings

You don't mean the orp and ph numbers are getting mixed up right?

No the pH readings are Ok.

Try running your orp probe on a serial program and send the c command or a series of r commands to see if you consistently get the correct reading.

I done that and the reading are constant.

Look at the screen shots as of right now the reading on the main screen is correct, but later it could jump up to any number

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-31-09-03-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-31-09-03-30.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_2014-10-31-09-00-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-31-09-00-55.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 1
d0ughb0y, This is now the 3rd time during my build that I am switching controllers lol. Yours has absolutely everything I need from one and your Web access looks brilliant so thank you for sharing what you have done.

Now to the questions lol, I had already built my atlas circuit around a multiplexer chip mc74hc4052n. Will this work with your code using one set of tx/rx or will I need to take that off?
Also, can you use it remotely or do you need to be on the same network as the controller?

Thanks again, I can't wait to upload the code and try it out :)

if you have 3 or less atlas stamps, then it will be simpler to just connect directly to the 3 serial ports of the mega.

if you want to keep using the multiplexer, you will need to modify the code to make it work with the multiplexer, it will not work as is. I don't think it will be too complicated to get it to work.

No it can be different readings

No the pH readings are Ok.

I done that and the reading are constant.

Look at the screen shots as of right now the reading on the main screen is correct, but later it could jump up to any number

that definitely looks like a javascript issue.

what happens is, when you click on Cond tab, it will call getVal for cond once per second. When you click on the ORP tab, it is supposed to stop the getVal call for Cond and start a getVal call for ORP every second.

Due to timing when you click, the getVal for cond does not get cancelled. so you end up with 2 getVal simultaneously running. Hence you see the values change, depending on which getVal response was just received.

I'll fix this later today.

wgraham,

I just updated github to fix what I described in my previous post. I am not sure if it will fix the problem you are seeing.

what is that phone browser you are using? it does not look like safari on iphone or chrome on andriod phone.

if you have 3 or less atlas stamps, then it will be simpler to just connect directly to the 3 serial ports of the mega.

if you want to keep using the multiplexer, you will need to modify the code to make it work with the multiplexer, it will not work as is. I don't think it will be too complicated to get it to work.

I only have 2 stamps to connect so far so will do it that way to get it set up and then I can have a play later.

Thanks

d0ughb0y it seems to reading in the senor reading in the setup, I notice that all of the sensors are reading for one of another. I notice that ph1 and ph2 are reading back and forth and Orp is add the same reading to each other like if it is 359.99 it would take the next reading as 359359 and the cond has negative number in the sensor reading but on the main screen it is reading 34.9

Back