my new ora snowflakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12248866#post12248866 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by hyperboy
i don't think brine shrimp have much nutritional value at all. it's like feeding candy to kids, they'll eat it all right up, but not good for them.

live Baby brine shrimp have tons of nutrition your thinking of full grown brine that has used all its nutrition growing.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12251785#post12251785 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by hyperboy
still, it should only be used as a supplemental feed and not as a steady diet. plus, if you don't decapsulate the cycts before hatching you would have to worry about the cysts on the baby brine. i've seen many fish die due to compaction of cycts. maybe a bottle of copepods would be a better fit?
If you were to feed them baby brine regularly, it would do nothing but good things for them. It's more healthy than just about any prepared food... I think you are definatly thinking of adult...
And yes, you have to decaspulate them/not feed them the cysts, but that obviously has no ill affect on the levels of nutrients, which seems to be the debate.
Copepods would also make a good meal, but the clownfish would be much less likely to find them and they are a hell of a lot more expensive. I would also bet money that baby brine is better still, than live copepods because of the still present yolk sac.

and fishkid: not an RBTA, but here is a picture: http://www.oceanarium.com.au/images/magnifica-occelaris.jpg
If you dont want to use that one, just search for one on google

P1300172.jpg

give that a shot

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12256096#post12256096 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by fishieness
If you were to feed them baby brine regularly, it would do nothing but good things for them. It's more healthy than just about any prepared food... I think you are defiantly thinking of adult...

yes freshly hatched brine are much more nutritious than adults however, check out these nutrition charts

Parameters/ Cyclopeeze/ Artemeia Nauplii

Protein/ 62%/ 71%
Lipid/ 36%/ 17%
Ash/ 3%/ 5%
Carb/ 3%/ 3%
Astaxanthene/ 3,000ppm/ 31ppm
Linoleic/ 10.45%/ 1.3%
EPA/ 11.75%/ 0.25%
DHA/ 11.09%/ 2.7%
Avg. Body Length/ 800um/ 500um

well if you notice the micron size of cyclopeeze it is larger than baby brine...after rotifers the clowns still aren't big enough for it, but after a few days of baby brine...definitely switch to the cyclopeeze

my clowns host the back wall of my tank. and now it looks like they made new friends with my bangai cardinals. i hope when i tape the pic to the tank it will work!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12257842#post12257842 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GSMguy
use my picture

IMG_2328.jpg

LOL, that monster female might just scare them into hosting. :lol:
Beautiful fish GSMguy.

ok well i taped GSMguy's pic to my tank but they still won't host. at first they were scared of that side of the tank but they went back to it at night and hosted the wall again. about how long could it take for the pic to work?

Forever. The clowns will host when they want to, and when they find the anemone. Its time, my true perc took two weeks and she was wild caught. Just don't get impatient.

Gotta agree...when they are ready to host...they'll host...that may be tomorrow or next year....or never! Just relax, you have a gorgeous pair of fish that ALL of us would love to own...!

Back