my new ora snowflakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow! I like the look of the ORA Snowflakes but I don't think I could justify paying that price.

Keep the pics comming because this is the only place that I'll most likely see these beauties.

they are ora snowflakes they have only sold three pairs so far and they have a waiting list out the hilt im not going into how much they actually cost but they are to young to breed there probally only 6 -8 months old and u will have to wiat at least 6 months befrore they breed

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12206830#post12206830 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reefman13
DSC03945.jpg

These fish look alot like the snowflakes Proaquatix was selling on ebay snowflakes

they won't host any natural things in my tank. at first they hosted a chopstick and now they host the magnets. i took that stuff out and now they host the koralia power head!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12246946#post12246946 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by fishkid6692
they won't host any natural things in my tank. at first they hosted a chopstick and now they host the magnets. i took that stuff out and now they host the koralia power head!

why did you have a chopstick in there? hehe

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12246953#post12246953 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Kinetic
why did you have a chopstick in there? hehe

Before he said he needed it for a seahorse...

lol i had it for my seahorse to hitch onto but my clowns took it over instead. any idea to try and get them to host my rbta?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12241827#post12241827 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cartman5579
Exactly my point. I wondered if somehow he got them at cost.
he did not/ Dont know why yours were more expensive?
-worker of the store where fishkid bought the clowns

Hey fishkid: for future reference, baby brine shrimp is another good way to get clowns to breed. just feed it every day. It has the same effect as black worms. It is just very heathy for them. If you are interested in breeding (and you have pleanty of time to research with the age of those guys), i would recomend buying the book CLownfish by Joyce WIlkerson (i think that is the name?). Heather told me you were goign to PC tomorrow for the smapping turtles? I probably wont be there, but if I show up, I'll bring the book so you can look through it to decide if you want to buy it or not. Or i can bring it to the conference so you can flip through it during the day. There are all sorts of tips. Turning up the heat, often feedings of baby brine, increased flow to their hosting area, turn up the photoperiod, etc. If you are going, let me know and I'll bring it along so you can check it out. And if not, i could even just pm you the suggested ways in the book so you will know for future reference. Let me know and good luck with the snowflakes. :)

PS: in response to your last question, i've talked to people who swear by the picture method to get their fish to host. haha. My ora brookstock pair is also hosting my hydor instead of my cespitulatia or my RBTA. These fish have never seen an anemone in their life, most likely, so it isnt as common. But like any clownfish, they will host whatever is available. I've tried chasing mine in there with no success either. I've talked to people that just captured them with a container and when they were close together and scared, they went right in. I'm about to try the picture method, and if that doesnt work, i'll just bag them together when i move my tank back home at the end of the year.
But i'll let you know if i figure something out.

i don't think brine shrimp have much nutritional value at all. it's like feeding candy to kids, they'll eat it all right up, but not good for them.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12248240#post12248240 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by fishieness
Hey fishkid: for future reference, baby brine shrimp is another good way to get clowns to breed. just feed it every day. It has the same effect as black worms. It is just very heathy for them

i have that book. i will look through it again tonight. can someone send me a good pic for me to tape on the side of my tank? i want my clowns to host my RBTA. so if anyone could send me some pics i would really appreciate it.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12248866#post12248866 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by hyperboy
i don't think brine shrimp have much nutritional value at all. it's like feeding candy to kids, they'll eat it all right up, but not good for them.

Hey fishkid: for future reference, baby brine shrimp is another good way to get clowns to breed. just feed it every day. It has the same effect as black worms. It is just very heathy for them
brine shrimp is MOSTLY very non-nutritious. However, BABY brine shrimp is very nutritious... They still have the yolk sac on them (hense their yellow color) and it is one of the best things you can feed your fish that dont have any additional added vitamins such as selecon...
Adult brine shrimp is pretty much crap because it isnt fed rigth as it is raised. To help, you can gut feed them tons of food before feeding them to your fish, but they still arent close to being as good as baby brine.

still, it should only be used as a supplemental feed and not as a steady diet. plus, if you don't decapsulate the cycts before hatching you would have to worry about the cysts on the baby brine. i've seen many fish die due to compaction of cycts. maybe a bottle of copepods would be a better fit?

Back