my new ora snowflakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah i decided to take the pics off the tank and just let them be. i added a frogspawn also so they have other things to host. but i guess if there happy i don't mind them not hosting. even though i would really like them to host. maybe i should put the chopstick back in there lol.

yeah i decided to take the pics off the tank and just let them be. i added a frogspawn also so they have other things to host. but i guess if there happy i don't mind them not hosting. even though i would really like them to host. maybe i should put the chopstick back in there lol.

i finally got them to host!!!!!!!!!!!! they aren't hosting the RBTA but they are hosting my duncan and frogspawn!!!!!! they just started like an hour ago! what i did was take a net and bring them over to the duncan and once they touched it they loved it! it's so cool!

??????

??????

Fishkid

I recently bought a pair from divers den and I think they came from the UK - that is what I always heard when people spoke of "snowflakes". I too have had no luck with them hosting my RBTA and/or 60 head duncan colony. These guys only like to hang out on the back wall at night.

On a side note my 2 pairs of Picasso Clowns hosted their RBTA's as soon as it got in the tank. I was hoping for the same on the snowflakes but no such luck.

I wonder if mine are ORA or from the UK? They have the sideburns like yours and Hexagains. Any thoughts?

ORA, has only released a total of about 5 pairs from their facilities. The source that they have been using is indeed a UK company, called ProAquatix.

I have to be honest here, I have personally seen WAY more pictures of A. percula hosting RBTA's then I have seen A. Occelaris (or Snowflakes). The other factor is that they are tank bred.

I would have to say the best option is to try something like what fishkid did, or get a S. gigantica anemone (if you can provide for it) and see what that'll do.

Oh, and Matt...

i finally got them to host!!!!!!!!!!!! they aren't hosting the RBTA but they are hosting my duncan and frogspawn!!!!!! they just started like an hour ago! what i did was take a net and bring them over to the duncan and once they touched it they loved it! it's so cool!

So much for leaving them alone....you really, just can't help yourself can you;)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12317442#post12317442 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reefman13
ORA, has only released a total of about 5 pairs from their facilities. The source that they have been using is indeed a UK company, called ProAquatix

Proaquatix is in Florida

Answers?

Answers?

Well I talked with Drs. today and they report that the snowflakes they get and sell come from a private breeder here in the USA, of course they wont say where in the US but it tells me my guys dont have a British Accent.

I like that the white extends up the dorsal fin of the e-bay snowflakes. Neat :)

Sorry to re-rail the thread ... but does anyone know if Pro-aquatic's breeding pair came from the england pair?

Thanks for announcing it Nate, makes it really expensive for us that are actually trying to buy them to win when 200,000 people have access to the info. Before you posted 30 people had viewed the auction, and after..... well thanks for letting the world know. GEEZ

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12364508#post12364508 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dc
Only insane people pay that much for a fish anyway! :lol:

RC is full of insane people. It's almost universal.

I'm only joking anyways, not a big deal geez.

BUT, nobody bid until AFTER he made it common knowledge. I was all set to pay $106.00!!! For $406.00, i'll pass..... Rather pay good money for a pair of Latz

Back