my percula hangin out just at the side of the tank

sls0768, if I may be curious, after your months of reading, and recent good advise, what do you plan to do to solve your "hanging out fish" problem?

I found a neighbor who has an estabilished tank and she offered to take them until i get straightened out.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10486057#post10486057 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sls0768
I found a neighbor who has an estabilished tank and she offered to take them until i get straightened out.

Sounds good.. Once the tank is cycled then you can put them back in. Don't be surprised if the clown does stay in one area most of the time. That is normal for them.

They seem to be doing ok so far but i really don't see much difference in the behavior. I took a sample of my water to be tested and to compare with my testing and it seems as though the nitrates are very minimal.

Now going to the next phase, Do i need to keep a powerhead running in the aquarium itself once i add cured lived rock.

sls0768 dont let your clown freak you out to bad. rapid breathing, trouble swimming, lying on bottom all are very bad. But if fish looks healthy water params are good and he comes out and swims some he is probably just fine. My clown has been in our 120 for 6 months now and he still likes his corner =-( he will come out and power swim in the vortec for about a half hour befor the lights kick off but other than that and feeding time he is in the top left of my tank hugging the overflow and locline lol

Thanks. He does pretty much the same. He stays in his corner but does come out and swim much more than at first. I guess they are shy guys in some ways.
I am just starting to add some live rock. If you have any help for me with that I would appreciate it. I am new to all this and a little overwhelmed.

Can we get a little run down of system, what equipment do you have how is it setup? Then can give more advice.. You want powerheads in your tank running all the time. If i were you after this i would just stop doing anything and relax.

I have a 20 gal. hex tank. filter/skimmer. Heater and that's about it except of course for crushed coral substrate. Not a big tank but i have seem some remarkable looking small tanks.

Back