My Project ★ GENESIS ★ 110G (Miracle) SPS Dream Tank - (II) Build Thread

If the 110 make you feel good, do it!
Gotta feel good sometimes in this hobby..
And I understand the desire to blow a big breath of fresh air into the system

If the 110 make you feel good, do it!
Gotta feel good sometimes in this hobby..
And I understand the desire to blow a big breath of fresh air into the system
Yes, that is my Gut feeling. Just to avoid any "what if's" or Eliminate any HISTORICAL negative consequences. (for CORALS)

I plan on more fish ASAP to have more nutrients for the long run. So things will ramp up on all Water Parameters including Biology before any NEW SPS Corals go in.

I love your wording "BREATH OF FRESH AIR". So appropriate.
I'm was thinking getting rid of "The Bad Gas".

I assume Dipping each BARE-CORAL-FREE rock before Transfer over in BAYER is not needed (or maybe I should?).

For sure dipping all new SPS coming in eventually.

I will be most likely breaking ONE CARDINAL Rule.
I won't be doing "LONG TERM" QT on First FEW new Fish. Just a couple of weeks to see if healthy and eating.
(Reason is I will have a 2nd QT Tank to extract any fish (Easily),
.....or even all fish to treat them....Since No Corals in Either Tank)
I know Sensei would be upset at me for suggesting this.
Maybe when I get a beautiful new fish I may change my mind.

I hope your not getting any damsels to help cycle the tank? FYI, I would highly suggest you keep marble floors out of the sump room. They are very slippery when wet.

Marty

I hope your not getting any damsels to help cycle the tank? FYI, I would highly suggest you keep marble floors out of the sump room. They are very slippery when wet.

Marty
Marty,
Funny. My other Kitchen tank is only Blue Green Chromis which I believe are Damsel Family. Jerks. Started with 8, now only Hage 3 HUGE ONES left over, since they killed each other off.

I did save one Blue Green since it wasn't allowed to eat by the others.
Even named (George III) him since he is special (3rd Life) and will be coming to NEW TANK, along with his friends.

New Tank will start with these coming over from OLD TANK.

36284830402_b06b10c65a.jpg

Thanks for the SLIPERLY MARBLE TIP. Have something better planned (clue provided)

Definitely don’t dip rocks in bayer.. that would kill everything and without coral in there, there aren’t any corals pests to worry about anyways.

Definitely don't dip rocks in bayer.. that would kill everything and without coral in there, there aren't any corals pests to worry about anyways.
Thanks for confirming what I thought would be a bad idea.
The Rocks are key for retaining healthy biology (especially with the Massive Water Change of brining New Tank Online).

BEHIND THE SUMP ROOM Curtain ( Talk ) Continued... Update

40623939622_49502489fa_o.jpg

Background/Setting/Theme in progress....

This build is coming around in record time. I give you credit on the amount of work you have done in this timeframe. myself, I would still be working on the floor

Marty

BEHIND THE SUMP ROOM Curtain ( Talk ) Continued... Update

40623939622_49502489fa_o.jpg

Background/Setting/Theme in progress....

This build is coming around in record time. I give you credit on the amount of work you have done in this timeframe. myself, I would still be working on the floor
Marty
Marty,
Thanks for the compliment.

Glad this flood and tank thing happened during winter. Progress wouldn't be the same if it was spring/summer.

It has hard been work (worn down after 3 months), but I really feel the end coming and my motivation is perking up (the creative side is much more interesting....I hated the tear down stage).

Today I painted the bottom half of the Sump Room, and it's starting to look really freshened up.

Still a TON to do....ON SCHEDULE for FRIDAY/SAT * Curtain Rise / GRAND OPENING *

Then the real fun begins Setting up the TANK. Can't wait (same for fish waiting)

BEHIND THE SUMP ROOM Curtain ( Talk ) Continued... SCARY Update

38867613620_ec6cc6d6a8_z.jpg

Bit worried....but taking all precautions possible.

Where the heck is the SHOP VAC. Must be under something....

Took 8 hours, since wasn't easy. But DONE!!!

** New **

(Invisible and Almost Silent VIA CONDIUT Deck COLUMN ) First Floor Kitchen Tank Plumbing
Installed in BASEMENT SUMP ROOM and running.

My vision for this actually worked and is pretty nice.

Big Step Forward towards SUMP ROOM COMPLETION.

Pics???

Marty

Took 8 hours, since wasn't easy. But DONE!!!

** New **

(Invisible and Almost Silent VIA CONDIUT Deck COLUMN ) First Floor Kitchen Tank Plumbing
Installed in BASEMENT SUMP ROOM and running.

My vision for this actually worked and is pretty nice.

Big Step Forward towards SUMP ROOM COMPLETION.

SUMP ROOM Photo Update (LAST SNEAK PEEK) Post Kitchen Plumbing Conduit Work

Here is a photo where things are. (I said 8 hours re-plumb new hoses [Return/Drain] , but it took about 14 to complete the plumbing with Drywall Box work)

26821824748_9a3d38bd76_z.jpg

Things will look much more different after I paint, so this colorful panel look is very revealing.

The was before the upgrade.

38883496550_191d444a1f.jpg

This shows exactly how that idea works.

40651181062_76349469c5.jpg

Not giving away the final look, but gives you an idea how the Upstairs Kitchen Tank's (wiring and plumbing is now tucked away and hidden into the DECK Fence Post)

Last edited:
ASSEMBLY TIME (Sump Room STRUCTURE Done)

Walls are all ready, painted, Bare.

Now is the most fun/creative...... but hardest part.

Hard if I want it to be tidy, flexible for Long Term/Changes, and easy for maintenance.

And harder, since I can't exactly move everything over since the OLD Tank still running (so I have to plan, build, for the All-AT-ONCE, tank transfer)

-> I have to plan out where my controllers will go.
-> Figure out each equipment piece (where it will go, and limited distance from Outlet, based on Cord lengths)
------> eg (Lights, ballasts, pumps, heaters, Apex, Dosers, UPS Power, Power Bars, Timers)
-> Then plan cable, cord, tube runs for everything

> And somehow make it TIDY/As-Invisible-As-Possible
------> (To end the Negative POINT my wife had about Last Sump Room).
------------> A ton of wires/hoses that Scare her that the house is going to burn down or FLOOD

Funny part, is our BASMENT DID Flood (but nothing to do with Fish tank)...

Last edited:
SUMP ROOM (Equipment -Wiring) LAYOUT PLANNER (Mock UP)

The Sump Room Equipment Layout is MIND BOGGLING :headwally:

But I came up with an IDEA to help me. I'll Do a Mock Up..... (Lots of work initially, but will make things go better later)

25831383217_55052fe51e_z.jpg

With Carboard and Syrofoam, I'm going to replicate each Power Outlet, Controller, piece of equipment, etc

I'll mark down the cord lengths, and using the speaker wire, I'll fool around with various placements.

The GREY HARD PVC PIPE is TOP SECRET, but a wonderful Ideal I came up with.
Wonder if anyone can guess what it's for. (It's not for the mock up but for the Final Setup for Holes in Wall, and Mounting Panels....without giving too much away)

CONTROLLER(s) and Wiring (MOCK UP PLANNER) Best thing I ever did.

This is worth sharing since it really worked out for me.

40717955721_7c525f5a18.jpg

Making SyroFoam Cutouts of everything going on walls really helped.
It took me many attempts to the best possible layout.

I would have made many mistakes had I not done this, and then that would have ended up (like last time I did Sump Reno...Patches, extension cord, and somewhat of a mess).

It may not be perfect, but I have much more confidence to start putting in Holes, and Screws, (knowing things will fit and wire/cord distances roughly correct)

SUMP ROOM UPDATE (BIG LEAP Towards Completion) CONDIUTS (Persuit of Hidden/Flexible Wiring PERFECTION)

This took me a day and a HALF.

Before I started, I almost felt Impatient and was just going to staple and glue Gun my wiring to the wall. (Kidding, but I felt like rushing).

But this is for next 10+ years.

So I did it RIGHT (and now things will be easy and go fast...AND MOST IMPORTATNLY ** EASY TO CHANGE THINGS as NEEDED *** )

VERTICLE and HORIZONTAL CONDIUTS

38923049490_6e8b179d16.jpg

Doesn't seem like much (and that's the GOAL) INVISIBLE/HIDDEN

Here is what is hidden.....

THE VERTICLE CONDIUT

40733166491_23aa40049f.jpg

The TOP two Power bars will distribute power to everything.

(1) is GFCI Circuit Power
(2) is UPS Power from Battery Inverter.

The purpose of the conduit is also for Verticle Wiring Runs behind the wall, and also hide my Fresh Air Line running from Outside of house.

Also each Conduit does something special, it's bridges the In-Wall-Pocket between the STUD (without having to drill or run wires thru the Metal Stud)

THE HORIZONATAL CONDIUT

This is the CENTRAL Distribution of the SUMP room (since it runs over the SUMP)

38923049920_772580de2c.jpg

Above it just before installation, so you see the holes in the walls, and how the horizontal Conduit also bridges more Wall-Studs.

Here is it Flipped over and installed (Wiring and dosing lines will run thru it, all with full distribution access

40733166811_c9cf8e7e60.jpg

Now the rest is easy. Mostly fine detailed work.

5 Hours of DESIGN/Prototyping (Best Wall Mounting Plate with Wiring Grommet Holes) PVC Idea and others all FAILED

Yup, I tried everything after my PVC Pipe Idea Failed.
Wrong Size for All possible drill bits, so loose..., Drywall too Crumbling and all other attempting with Every Tubing Type Also Failed.

I settled for a All Wooden Wall plate (with build in Grommet Holes)

40028908384_655bf45435_b.jpg

Then came problem with Hole sizes to fit all Power Cords, and Right distances for Cord-Bending.... so first attempt scrapped.

And Finally I got a design that appears to be Suitable... FOR APEX JR Controller.

HOPE IT WORKS. If so, then others will follow (EB8's, PM & VDM Modules etc).

Back